Help with layout - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for advice and help in how to better position things in my living room. I'd love to do a projector, but the reality is with getting married in the next 6 months, we will likely only live here another year and then move to another place. So not much reason to put too much work into it... however my goal is to keep this as a rental house, so anything I do will just make it a nicer rental.

Currently I have the tv (40") in the corner next to the window to the left of the fireplace. The couch sits on the wall opposite the fireplace, and the TV is at an angle for viewing.

The surround speakers sit in the right corner to the right of the fireplace, and on the same wall as the couch but left of the window (left surround) all the others including sub sit by the TV. Obviously the seperation for left, right, and center is less than 5 feet between the left and right, so not good seperation. I'd love to put the TV over the fireplace, but it doesn't fit in the hole they left, and I haven't figgured out a good way to mount... Plus I'm worried about the heat from the fireplace on the LCD.

Looking for suggestions... I have some ideas on how to mount the TV on a wall mount over the fireplace by building a frame... any other suggestions welcome...

Sorry I don't have a photo with everything in place... I can pull some from last christmas off facebook if needed..

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page