TV Size For Bedroom - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-14-2012, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Shopping around for a flat panel TV for my bedroom. Room size is 17ft x 12ft. Coaxial cable is on one of the 17ft walls. What size of TV would be overkill? I was looking at something like a 47"-50" but just saw that there will be a 55" LED Sony Bravia on sale for $799 with no tax. But not sure if it will be too much for my bedroom. Also, will a Plasma generate too much heat for a bedroom?

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-19-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Is the TV on the wall at the foot of the bed, or on the side? How far from eyeballs to screen?

I currently have a 32" in a smaller bedroom (12x13) but have used a 50" plasma in a 12x14' bedroom in the past. IMHO, it is not too much. The plasma will add heat to the room, so it kind of depends on whether the room already runs hot. Those 17' ceilings should act as a heat capacitor by allowing the hotter air to rise away from you. The Sony won't generate a lot of heat.

As for size, I have a friend who projects a 92" image onto the foot of his bed. You get used to the large size quickly and never want to go back. IMHO, 55" is just fine.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page