Bedroom / Computer Area Dual 5.1 Advice Needed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-27-2012, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Master Bedroom that has a computer area in the corner. I currently have an off the shelf HTIB from Logitech (Z5450)
I want to add a projector and a projection screen to watch movies in bed and was wondering what you guys recommend.

I'm planning on mounting the projector on the ceiling above the bed and the screen around 13-14' away (I wanted a recessed screen but the joists are running in the wrong direction so it'll have to be a regular ceiling mount electric or manual)

The issue is how do I mount speakers and where
My initial thoughts are (sketch @

5.1 mounted in the ceiling (L/C/R) in front of the screen and Surrounds on the left/right of the bed

Have another set of L/C/R near the computer (in-wall) and use a speaker switch to switch which set of fronts the output is directed to

In an ideal world I'd also like to use the projector fronts as rear surrounds for the computer but think the switching for that would be too complicated

Am I going about this right or am I missing something obvious. Would ceiling mounted speakers be better then in-ceiling (less of a sleek look). The room is pretty big so mounting the projector fronts on the same wall as the computer would make it too loud for late night movie watching.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page