Help with setting up home theater/game room in basement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to setup a home theater/game room in the basement and I need some help in choosing what devices to purchase.

I'm looking for a 65"-80" TV that would offer great picture quality, ability to stream online content such as Netflix, and the most important would be no input lag while playing either Xbox 360 or PS3. 3D would be a plus as well. I am not interested in a projector.
The one that caught my attention is a Sharp 70" http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTV/Models/LC70C8470U.aspx
I've found it for as low as $3,200
Budget for the TV is around $3,500

I'm also looking for a surround system that offers the best sound quality for under $1,000. One that I'm currently interested in is by pioneer
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Speakers/Home+Theater+Speakers/SP-PK52FS

I don't really need a bluray player because the PS3 can handle that but how can I play all of my torrented mkv movies on the tv without having to connect my laptop with HDMI.

I will mostly be using the home theater to play video games and to watch TV and movies.

I am a novice in this stuff so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 52
You did not mention a reciever. I have never heard those Pioneer speakers, they will probably be fine. I'm a bit suprised you are spending over 3k for your display and under 1 k for your speakers.

post #3 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh wow, I forgot about the receiver. Do you know any good ones that you can recommend? I had a 5.1 Samsung surround system and it sounded pretty good to me. How much does an elite surround system usually cost?
post #4 of 4 Old 12-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
There's no problem finding receivers to run the Pioneer speakers. Just make sure the receiver is 3d enabled. I have a discontinued Sony dh810 running my first generation Pioneer speakers.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page