Raving Review for Standout Designs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First of all, I'm a newbie. I'm also not an anonymous shill, you can look me up online at www.MarcosAvellan.com

I found an ad for www.StandoutDesigns.com on this forum and then started reading reviews. I was hesitant because of the price. I'm a total newbie, just started getting into designing a new home theater upon moving to my new home. When I moved, I started doing the research, bumped into this forum, and started lurking smile.gif

At first, I was tempted to just get a cheap stand for my 60" TV but then started reading all the reviews for standout so I decided to take a plunge and get the 82" Haven in oak expresso with a couple of the upgrades.

It arrived and the quality of the furniture is outstanding and although it is simple - it looks really sharp. After getting it, my wife noticed that the tone of the stain on the top of the furniture versus the doors was a bit off. I didn't notice it - it wasn't a big deal. They did a follow-up call and my wife asked if it was normal. They asked for a picture and my wife sent it. They said it should not look as different as our unit was and immediately sent a replacement unit! When the new one arrived, we simple took it out of the box and put our old one in the box to send back with the driver. It was a surprisingly easy process.

I was really impressed because by the time they got the pic and replied back, we had already accepted the way it looked and were cool with it the way it was. However, the customer service person INSISTED on replacing it because "they wanted to make sure we were nothing less than 100% satisfied with our purchase..."

Moving into a new home, I've had to deal with a LOT of contractors, furniture stores, etc. I have been some serious headaches... and I can easily say that Standup Designs has been my best experience thus far and I would gladly purchase from them again. It is rare to have that type of customer service and pride these days.

Oh and by the way, the replacement piece was flawless.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Grats!!! Glad to hear about the good customer service - just ordered mine the other day with the same stain/wood choice in a 72". Post some pics in the pic thread!
Sponsored Links
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page