post #1 of 2
12-12-2012, 08:51 AM
- Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I'm moving into a new house (well, already constructed so wiring is going to be a pain, but...) and I'm trying to plan how to setup the TVs and source devices.Requirements/Notes:
- TVs can display the same thing since we are only in one room of the house at a time.
- Clean looking TVs with no wires or components underneath, etc.
- Audio will be handled later, probably with two AVR receivers (one for the "main" upstairs TV, and one for the downstairs theater room)
- Satellite box
- PC (using HDMI output)
- (future devices like "PS4" or "XBOX 720", etc)
- First floor - family room "Main TV" (50" plasma)
- First floor - living room (future purchase, may not happen for a while)
- First floor - kitchen (20" lcd)
- Doesn't need connection to whole-home HDMI. I can just setup an isolated satellite box.
- Basement - "Theater" TV or projector (future purchase)
- Second floor - not in use (they will be connected with isolated satellite boxes with RG6)
- Basement (unfinished section) will have 24U rack with all components listed above.
- Remote control will use URC RF remotes (already have in old house, etc)
- 8x1 switch plus 1x3 splitter to feed basement and first floor TVs
- 8x2 hdmi matrix. I can then feed each TV in the house with 2 HDMI cables (using HDBaseT extenders). That way we can watch two different things on any two different TVs. (this is a little bit of a pain, but I just can't afford 8x4 matrix switches)
Can anybody tell me what they think or have any advice? I'm on a very tight budget and the 8x2 hdmi matrix switch (around $700) is even above budget but I'm not sure what else I can do since matrix switches are so darned expensive.
post #2 of 2
12-12-2012, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NW Houston, TX
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
(duplicate post of the one in the A/V Distribution forum) I replied there.