Plans for expanding my system help needed! - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Next upgrade 8060 def tech center and 8040 surrounds or new pioneer elite reciever.
8060 definitive tech center and 8040 surrounds 0 0%
new pioneer elite reciever 0 0%
other 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone writing this from my phone so sorry for formatting. I currently am running 2 x bp8060st definitive technology speakers off of a pioneer vsx-1017. For display I am using a 1080i projector on a 106" screen. My primary source is a ps3 using a fiber optic cable due to my recover not supporting hdmi audio. I think the next step I want to take with my system is either a finishing out my 5.3 with a 8060 center and 8040 surrounds or grabbing a pioneer elite receiver for the hdmi audio. I would say the system is used 60% of the time gaming on ps3 30% of the time blue ray movies and 10% of time as my computer as the source. Thank you for your time and advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
The addition of a center and surround speakers will definitely give you a better bang for your buck. Upgrading the receiver to support HDMI audio would only really get you better audio quality on BD movies (DTS-MA), but that can be a very minor distinction anyway. You'll appreciate the surround channels a LOT more, in both movies and games!

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 12-12-2012, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the input would you mind taking a look at my current receiver and tell me if its decent?
post #4 of 4 Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
It's quite nice for a unit ~10years old! The main thing you'd get from upgrading to a new receiver would be the streaming Internet services (likely), and the advanced audio codec support for BD playback.

Add the speakers, you'll definitely notice that. Upgrade the receiver without adding speakers, you might not be able to tell any difference.

Jeff

-- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page