Ceiling mount for Panasonic VT30 65" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-14-2012, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm looking at various mounts to hang our VT30 from the ceiling.

Cannot find an entertainment center that fits all our stuff and keeps the TV high enough. None of the stands+mounts will handle a TV that large so the ceiling is the only option.

I've heard the Panasonic plasma's are a bit different to mount. I have a GT3055 in the bedroom using a cheap Monoprice mount with no problems but any issues with hanging a 65?

I'm looking at the less expensive Monoprice style mounts. I'll have a rack next to the TV so I don't need to run wires up and down, just hide them putting the rack next to them.

Here is one from Amazon for $50 http://www.amazon.com/Ceiling-Unibrak-CM1-Plasma-Swivel/dp/B001OXN126

Any reason not to use it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I've never used one of those before, but me personally, if I'm going to be hanging a $2000+ piece of equipment from my ceiling (like I did with my projector), I would definitely not cheap out on a mount.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 03:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
you are crazy to consider anything that doesn't include a schedule 40, 1 1/2" threaded steel or aluminum pipe as the vertical component, and a mounting plate you can lag into a structural member, if not two.
The mount you are looking at has a vertical rod that is hardly 3/4" diameter. You are talking about hanging a TV that weighs over 120 lbs. from a non UL rated mount claiming 165 lb capacity. A safety factor of 3 is the norm, so you want a mount rated for at least 360 lbs.
You bought a really nice TV, why cheap out on the mount? Look at Peerless or Chief and install something you won't stay awake nights worrying about.

underachiever extraordinaire
post #4 of 4 Old 12-19-2012, 03:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28

Peerless plcm-unl;
many online vendors have these for around $170 including a 2.5 foot threaded pipe. add another $15-$50 for a plate to attach to your ceiling that accepts the threaded pipe.
If you feel you only have $50 to spend on a mount, better reconsider the ceiling unless safety isn't an issue, or you can weld and paint something for yourself.

underachiever extraordinaire
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page