Hey Guys! Greetings from India!
I moved into a new house a few weeks back and the basement area (17x16 in size) is unused, so I thought it could be turned into a dedicated Home Theater room. I have been doing a fair bit of research on AV equipment and I found many speakers and receivers/amplifiers priced at least 30 to 40 percent higher in India than in the US/UK. However some companies price it almost at par, companies like Focal, Kef, Definitive Technology, Polk, Wharfedale, Boston Acoustics, Jamo( To some extent). I have Shortlisted the following for my HT,
1) Jamo D600 THX Ultra 2 5.1 -- RS. 300000 ( $5600)
2) Kef R900 (Rs. 295000 - $5500) , Kef R600C ( Rs90000 - $1700) -- Ill add temporary surrounds and sub and upgrade later
3) Focal Chorus 836V 5.1 ( rs 380000 -- $7100)
4) Polk LSIM 707 5.1 ( rs 370000 -- $6950)
1) Pioneer Sc-68 ( Lx-86 in India) -- rs 135000 -- $2500
2) Marantz Sr7007(95000 == $1800)
3) Denon 3313 ( 90000 == 1600)
1) Epson 5020( rs.150000 -- $2800)
2) Panasonic PT-AE8000 ( Rs 250000 -- $4900)
I can always buy A pair of floor standers and a center and add the surrounds and sub after i save up more. Also, the walls are all concrete, so i need some advice on acoustic treatment. I spoke to several custom home theater designers , they are pretty darn expensive here!