unique TV mounting... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-20-2012, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hope this is the right sub forum..

Building a new house, with lots of cool stuff going on HT wise, including of course a dedicated HT room. However, before we start framing I am trying to decide on my master bedroom TV mounting. Right now I have a wall in front of my bed, and the TV is on it (50" LED). straight forward.

my new home is going to be 100% glass on the wall directly across from my bed.

So I have 2 options, one is come down from the ceiling with a concealed flip mount. It will also need to extend down because the ceilings are 10ft+. Luckily I am a mechanical engineer can design that if there is nothing cost effective on the market.

The other (easier) option is mount it on the wall near the end of the room, and I can manually swing it out. Thing is, the 18+ft across, so a normally swing out would still leave it way off to the side (I guess I am spoiled by the present location).

So the other option is to get a swing out, with a telescoping slide so I can slide it out to get it closer to centered.. at least near the edge of the bed.

Obviously I need to think hard, because I will be hard wiring a AV closet with cat6 drops to where ever I do this.

Anybody run into this? any links to solutions? (even expensive ones.. maybe ill copy the design!)

Thanks.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page