Brian's Bar Build - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #181 of 197 Old 10-11-2015, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Love the bar! Can you share a link to the Seeburg repair guy in New York please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 197 Old 10-12-2015, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
post #183 of 197 Old 10-12-2015, 09:12 AM

Thanks you! Appreciate it.
post #184 of 197 Old 12-29-2015, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hltr View Post
Bar rail installed....
Sweet ass bar! I know this was an older thread, but have been recently searching the forum for great bar ideas and this is the one going in my basement! Quick question...how did you fasten the bar rail back on page 5? I can't quote your pic as I don't have enough posts yet. All the steps were very detailed which I much appreciate, but can't see how this bar rail got attached and is a nice finishing touch.
post #185 of 197 Old 12-29-2015, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Gingr - Brian's Bar has been an inspiration for a lot of forum members. He has many different ideas all incorporated and great detail. I'm about to embark on my basement bar remodel and will be "borrowing" several of his ideas and techniques.

As far as the bar rail, in order to avoid any nail filling or screw holes, I was contemplating gluing mine down. So, if someone has a different technique, I'd be interested as well.

Make sure you create a post and detail all the before, during and after. I'm sure you'll appreciate your own effort and be able to share some of the DIY struggles and joys as well. I started a thread, but because I work on it whenever I can, often forget to document the progress as well as I should.

Gear: Visio 70" M701d-A3R LED TV | Denon x2100w AVR | Sony BDPS5100 (blu ray) | SONY PS3 | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk RC65i (L/R rear Surround) | Polk RC80i (L/R Surround) | SVS PB-2000 (Subwoofer) | Harmony Smart Control (Remote)

My basement reno: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...l#post33708177
post #186 of 197 Old 12-29-2015, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Great bar.. love all the small details, I'll be referencing this thread some day..

post #187 of 197 Old 12-30-2015, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingrbredman View Post
Sweet ass bar! I know this was an older thread, but have been recently searching the forum for great bar ideas and this is the one going in my basement! Quick question...how did you fasten the bar rail back on page 5? I can't quote your pic as I don't have enough posts yet. All the steps were very detailed which I much appreciate, but can't see how this bar rail got attached and is a nice finishing touch.
I dry fit the rail in place with clamps, then pre-drill pilot holes for screws that were counter-sunk. I then took the rail down and applied Gorilla Glue to the plywood substrate. Then I put the rail back in place and screwed it down.

I didn't bother filling...no one looks under the bar, and if they are that picky they deserve to find something!

:-)
post #188 of 197 Old 12-30-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hltr View Post
I dry fit the rail in place with clamps, then pre-drill pilot holes for screws that were counter-sunk. I then took the rail down and applied Gorilla Glue to the plywood substrate. Then I put the rail back in place and screwed it down.

I didn't bother filling...no one looks under the bar, and if they are that picky they deserve to find something!

:-)
Thanks for the details. I couldn't wrap my head around trying to screw from underneath with such little clearance but understand now. If someone looks past all that detail to see the screws weren't filled, they are looking at the wrong thing!
post #189 of 197 Old 12-30-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementHT5 View Post
Gingr - Brian's Bar has been an inspiration for a lot of forum members. He has many different ideas all incorporated and great detail. I'm about to embark on my basement bar remodel and will be "borrowing" several of his ideas and techniques.

As far as the bar rail, in order to avoid any nail filling or screw holes, I was contemplating gluing mine down. So, if someone has a different technique, I'd be interested as well.

Make sure you create a post and detail all the before, during and after. I'm sure you'll appreciate your own effort and be able to share some of the DIY struggles and joys as well. I started a thread, but because I work on it whenever I can, often forget to document the progress as well as I should.
I think there will be more than just borrowing this bar.... I'm guessing there will be many replicas floating around AVS rooms for sure! I won't be getting to my bar until maybe the spring, but if I can remember to document everything, I'm hoping it can only look as good as Brian's.
post #190 of 197 Old 12-30-2015, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingrbredman View Post
Thanks for the details. I couldn't wrap my head around trying to screw from underneath with such little clearance but understand now. If someone looks past all that detail to see the screws weren't filled, they are looking at the wrong thing!

If you use high quality birch plywood ("cabinet grade") then the glue is ultimately doing most of the holding. The screws are keeping things in place while it sets. You don't need much grab, and obviously check length of screws carefully...include the depth of your counter sink in calculations!
post #191 of 197 Old 01-01-2016, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Picked up some ConnectSense outlets that work with Siri. Here is a video showing what they can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dRwOOD73 likes this.
post #192 of 197 Old 01-01-2016, 11:23 AM

Thanks for posting this vid Brian. Very very cool addition to your room. Gotta get me a few of these babies.
post #193 of 197 Old 01-02-2016, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

I also upgraded my Philips Hue bridge so it too is HomeKit compatible. I won't bother doing a video of that because light colors typically get washed out on video. But it's really cool to be able to change colors and dimming by voice.

post #194 of 197 Old 01-23-2016, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

New tap handles

post #195 of 197 Old 01-26-2016, 04:16 PM

Awesome! I'm a Stella collector ( and drinker) through and through! Looking good Brian.
hltr likes this.
post #196 of 197 Old 01-26-2016, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I printed the labels on my laser printer. Can easily remove and update as I try different kegs. Fun.
post #197 of 197 Old 08-19-2016, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Although the Keezer has worked well, I was getting too much foam on the first pour. Finally figured out the issue, which was really simple.

I was getting co2 bubbles breaking out of the beer line, which creates more foam in that first pour. I knew that the breakout was related to temperature but could understand why since the temp in my Keezer is very consistent at 37 degrees AND I have two fans that circulate the air through my tap box (see previous pics).

Well, finally decided to actually measure the temps at different heights within the Keezer. Sure enough, the temps at the top of the Keezer were 48!

Added a fan that sits at the bottom and forces the cold air straight up. Now temps are completely consistent and the first pour is perfect.

Lesson learned. Fan placement matters!
NickTheGreat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms