So tonight I was watching a movie on my projector, and had a few other things plugged into a few sockets. My PC and projector were plugged into a power bar, and all connections were tight. Had a space heater on, and microwave was being used. PC speakers were plugged into a nearby outlet by itself. My PS3 was off and was also plugged into the power bar.
All of a sudden everything shuts off, and I have tried unplugging and plugging things back in, turning things on and off, and switching placements in the outlet--all to no avail.
I turned on some lights and they worked, and some lights didn't turn on. 3 outlets, on the other side of my basement suite work... so is this a serious house electrical problem. The landlord who lives upstairs is on vacation and won't be home until January 1st, so I have no idea how serious this is. I am 99% sure all their electrical stuff will work, and assume everything will work when she arrives.
For the time being, I am afraid to use my projector which shut off without turning off the lens which made me very mad
, since this is the most costly thing I own and times are a bit tough for me recently, so replacing or repairing is impossible now. Oh, and the fact I may overload or short circuit the 3 outlets I have that still work
Lastly, I am afraid how costly the repairs are for this electrical stuff and scared when I get my AVR back from the repair shop. Why? If the fuse box/breaker can't handle this, I'm assuming it can't support a receiver, Hi-Fi bookshelfs, a 10" subwoofer, and a PS3 ontop of my projector.
So I implore you AVS Forums, what is the severity of this problem and should I be worried about setting up my HT once I have my AVR back?