Custom made articulating TV arm... check out pics!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey everybody...

I have a friend who is a professional machinist and custom builder of all things metal. He recently built a custom made TV arm for his dad. His dad wanted a TV he could see from the deck, but still fold it away to not obstruct the view to his pond. A big challenge was that alcove opening is only 39" wide, the tv is 39" wide. He had to make a double hinge to make extra clearance. tv 39" + 1 hinge = 42". It has to swing two ways to work without crashing into the wall.

I am sure he would appreciate any feedback or thoughts. I will throw in a plug as well... he can build pretty much anything out of steel and loves to do custom work. Below is is facebook, its open to the public. You can always PM me as well. Thanks for taking a look!

https://www.facebook.com/FunTimeEngineeringLLC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-04-2013, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Bump... any feedback at all? Is this in the wrong place in the forum?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looks pretty cool to me. My wife wants a TV in our bedroom but with our current arrangement of furniture the mounting would be difficult. Where she wants it would block the entrance to the walk-in closet. I don't want to duck every time I go in/out. The mount would have to articulate up and at an angle. I kind of like not having a TV in the bedroom so I am not working too hard to solve the problem.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

If you ever decide you want a custom mount, be sure to hit my friend up on Facebook. I'm sure he would give you a great deal.

I'm thinking of having him build me a fully retractable arm for a HTPC in my den. That way for stuff I want to use a monitor I can swing it out in front of seat and swing it flat against the wall when its not in use.

Thanks for checking out the pics, I appreciate the feedback.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone. thank you Pat for posting my pics! Please contact me on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/FunTimeEngineeringLLC or the FTE E-mail adress : funtimeengineering@hotmail.com. Please send pictures of your application(s) so that I can come up with a solution. Thanks again everyone.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page