What equipment for a smaller Home Theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I get my bonus soon and with some Christmas money and what I have saved over the last few months I want to setup a theatre in my Dinning/Kitchen area.

First of all the Projector. I wanted to get a 1080P 3D Enabled projector. My first choice was the Optoma HD300X 1080P but I will only be able to get a maximum throw of about 3 meters. This would make for a miserable small screen and not optimal for 3D viewing at all.

I then saw the Optoma GT750HD. This has a short throw for rooms my size, but because it has no zoom and my max height of projection is 1.45 meters I will have to have the projector just 1.6Meters (5.5ft) from the wall. Is this going to be too short for the brightness level of this projector?

So......Does anyone know of a 1080P 3D projector in the price range of the HD300X with a short throw lens that would give a 1.45 meter high projection from a maximum of 3 meters?

Secondly can anyone recommend a low cost ceiling mount that is easy to adjust. The HD750 has no zoom so will have to have the lens exactly 20cm below the ceiling.

Third Question (Sorry). I have read some post about users buying Blueray players that are not compatible with their projector. Does anyone know of a sub £100 3D BlueRay movie player that will play 3D on the HD750X.

Many Thanks
Simon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Check out AVS member Smackrabbit's website, he reviews equipment.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/secrets-product-reviews.html

I have the Panasonic BDT210 for use as a calibration pattern source and a backup BR player.. had to use it the other day when my Samsung player would not pay the new MIB disk. You can find it's review on the above site.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After a lot searching I found the BenqW1070. It is 1080P Full 3D with a short throw. Also comes with Lens Shift. It seems to support most popular standards of 3D.

Price is as low as £699 and I have heard under $1000 in the US. If you are looking for a projector for a small room then I suggest you at least look at this as an option.

http://www.froogle.richersounds.com/product/projectors/benq/w1070/benq-w1070
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page