Home Theater System Help - Refreshing Prior Year's Threads on the Topic - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-09-2013, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I'm looking to pull the trigger on my first home theater system and could definitely use some help. My initial research has led me towards the Energy Take Classic, but I'm also investigating the Energy RC Micro (both of which are selling for $400). Any thoughts from those who've compared the two would be appreciated. I'm also looking at the Pioneer SP-PK21BS system, which CNET says performs better than the Energy Take, albeit in a less desirable form factor.

I've read some posts here recommending a different sub than what comes with the packaged systems mentioned above, and welcome any thoughts as far as that goes. The posts I saw were a few years old and I don't see many of the subs mentioned there on the Energy website.

I haven't started doing research on receivers yet, but if there are ideas on receivers that pair well with these systems I'd love to hear them. The ability to stream music wireless to the receiver would be a plus.

I'm looking to spend $400-$500 on the speakers, but a little less of the receiver itself if possible, unless those hear suggest otherwise. My primary use case is watching movies with surround sound, secondarily listening to music.

Thanks in advance.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page