I am doing the electrical rough-in for my basement, part of which includes the low voltage wiring for 7.1 in our "theater" room. However, as I near completion, I am starting to second guess how I have oriented the room.
So I am attaching visio screenshots showing two different layouts: layoutA has the TV on the wall adjacent to stairs, and layoutB has it on the back wall.
My main problem is with the window in the room (on the back wall), and the door on the left. This door leads to a large craft room that will pretty much be dedicated for my wife.
A few points:
* I expect that she will primarily use the path thru the theater to get there from the stairs
* the door to the craft room will likely be closed most of the time, definitely during movies etc, but I must account for clearance
* the main entrance to the theater 99% of the time will be from the bottom of the stairs (i.e. not from the outside entrance in the craft room)
* this is not meant to be a truly dedicated home theater, but also socializing/music/xbox/kids etc. Furniture is just for representation.
* the spiky ball things on the walls are meant to be sconces. Track lighting is meant to illuminate the nearest wall with posters, photos etc.
* my speakers are Klipsch KLF20 floor standing, which are not small (I'll be posting some Klipsch surround speaker questions in another thread biggrin.gif )
I will say this: I have already wired everything according to one of these layouts so going the other way will require a bit of rework. But, I have one shot to do this right so I will do what is necessary.
I would be interested to hear what people think and why. This is my first post so I will try to create a poll...