11Likes

post #271 of 361 Old 02-15-2014, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEANS View Post

I have subscribed to a lot of builds over the years here and I always knew there was something special about this one. The videos perhaps, seeing, hearing the progress and plans ahead helped me understand the process and dream we share to achieve! But beneath all that was the reason, and that reason is family! How all your hardwork will enrich your lives as you grow as a family! You put into words the experience and why we all are here. Congratulations and make many memories man! Thanks for everything and all this thread has taught me!

Thanks man!

Now we are having fun decorating the walls and accessorizing down there (well, I should say my wife is). How I got away with this I'll never know but I just ordered 3 full-size authentic Redskins helmets (throwbacks) for the top shelf of my build-in. Pumped. eek.gif

Tucked Feather 82'

A/V Gear: EPSON 5030UB | 100" Elite Screen | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV | Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 Power Cond.| Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | PSA XV-15 | Sonos | Apple TV

904WMC Media Room Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 361 Old 02-16-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post

but I just ordered 3 full-size authentic Redskins helmets (throwbacks) for the top shelf of my build-in. Pumped. eek.gif
post #273 of 361 Old 02-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 54
post #274 of 361 Old 03-02-2014, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

***UPDATE WITH MANY PICS***

Well, my Christmas present from my wife FINALLY arrived...three gorgeous authentic throwback Redskins helmets. The difference between the replica and the authentics are night and day. Slowly but surely getting some pics/art up on the walls and we even found a very unique, hand-made wine rack to hang up. Finally mounted my electronic scoreboard for darts as well. The accessories are coming in slowly but surely too but that is primarily my wife's job. wink.gif It will take some time to deck this thing out but we are not going anywhere and we have plenty of time. Apologies for the horrendous flash/lighting in my photos but it is as good as it is gonna get.

Wine Rack for the Misses

Electronic Scoreboard & Laser Line

A/V Gear: EPSON 5030UB | 100" Elite Screen | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV | Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 Power Cond.| Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | PSA XV-15 | Sonos | Apple TV

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #275 of 361 Old 03-02-2014, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Class Act space - Congrats! Looks cozy as Hell - Absolutely Slammin! You should be proud, amazing Job!
post #276 of 361 Old 03-02-2014, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I absolutely LOVE that helmet in the middle. I often long for the old days of the NFL. Coaches wore ties instead of hoodies with the sleeves cut off. Players weren't more worried about their celebration than their play...I digress.

The room looks awesome! Stop posting pics and watch a movie!!!

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
post #277 of 361 Old 03-02-2014, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillcat View Post

I absolutely LOVE that helmet in the middle. I often long for the old days of the NFL. Coaches wore ties instead of hoodies with the sleeves cut off. Players weren't more worried about their celebration than their play...I digress.

The room looks awesome! Stop posting pics and watch a movie!!!

LOL. Oh, we've been getting our movies on over here:

Star Wars (A New Hope)
CWACOM 2
Despicable Me 2
Gravity 3D (adults only)
Planes 3D
Metallica Through the Never (adults only)

I'd give Gravity a B- on the movie itself BUT the 3D is absolutely freaking mind-blowing. Definitely worth checking out.

The power and clarity of the audio in Metallica's new movie is jaw dropping. If you want to show off the power of your system, this is the BR disc to grab! biggrin.gif

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #278 of 361 Old 03-02-2014, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 113
We watched A New Hope last weekend, which just reminded me that I need to get the Blurays. smile.gif

We rocked the room with Pacific Rim Friday night which was awesome. I've been curious about that Metallica movie. Seems interesting. I still haven't watched that doc from 10 years ago though, and I might even be in it. I was doing some work with them for MTV and the crew was filming for that while we were there.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
post #279 of 361 Old 03-02-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Stunning!!!!

What a great room, all the details, good taste on every item selected, the A/V gear, etc., etc.

Congrats my friend!
post #280 of 361 Old 03-03-2014, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Hey man! Been a while since I checked in on you. Fantastic job on your space. It all came together just superbly, very nicely done. Kudos to you (and your wife), now comes the best part. Enjoying it! biggrin.gif

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #281 of 361 Old 03-03-2014, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Hey man! Been a while since I checked in on you. Fantastic job on your space. It all came together just superbly, very nicely done. Kudos to you (and your wife), now comes the best part. Enjoying it! biggrin.gif

Regards,

RTROSE

WOW. RT, how the heck are you man? I stopped following your thread a while back just because things had slowed down. However, I did drop by recently and read the near-miss you had with the PJ shortly before the Superbowl. Hope the PJ is doing ok.

I have to tell ya man...that story about you getting locked in vikgrao's theater still cracks me up to this day. I was following his thread for a long time...SO COOL THAT YOU GOT TO EXPERIENCE HIS THEATER IN PERSON. So many cool, entertaining stories around here, huh?.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for sharing some of your HT wisdom with me early on in my renovation. You were the one that pushed me over the edge and really the deciding factor to go with the Epson 5020. As you can see, I decided to wait until the 5030 came out...and boy am I glad I did. What an awesome PJ. I really appreciate everyone's input here at AVS and without it, my room would not be what it is today. I am sure you know that feeling very well too.

And, as you said, IT IS TIME TO SIT BACK, RELAX, WATCH MOVIES AND MAKE MEMORIES WITH MY FAMILY DOWN IN THIS ROOM. I did it all for them (well, ok, maybe a little bit me too). LOL.

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #282 of 361 Old 03-04-2014, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter

Check out these custom black-outs for windows!!!! MikeK614 shared these on another post and I thought I'd share the link on mine as well. This is GREAT info. You can make your own (cut to size) or you can order custom sizes to fit your window. You even have your choice of color (white, black, navy, green, etc.).

http://www.blackoutez.com/Custom-Sizes/Custom-Blackout-EZ-Window-Cover

Since I started watching movies, the window to the left of my screen lets in a little bit of light during the day (1" wood blinds). The window is 36"W x 55" H so it can be a bit distracting since it is just off the left side of my screen. The wood blinds on my window wells are about 10" in front of the glass so I'll just adhere these things right on the window and leave my wood blinds in place to hid the blackouts altogether. Here's a photo of my window:

I also have two smaller windows that are approx. 31"W x 21"H and, for this kind of pricing, I plan on getting blackout for all three of them. They are quoting my larger window at just under $40! eek.gif You can't beat that with a stick.

MikeK614 is already using these in his room and he has nothing but great things to say about them.

I will be sure to post some before and after pics of the blackouts in place and of the reduction of light.

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #283 of 361 Old 03-06-2014, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I did forget to mention the helmets, that is a great conversation piece(s) very cool. The only thing that would make them better is if they were Colts helmets, ah if only. biggrin.gif

I also wanted to say that I really like the frame around your screen very classy. Also very smart to run a black boarder then the white frame, smart, very smart.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #284 of 361 Old 03-07-2014, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16

Great looking space...very well done.  Have you looked on etsy.com for some hand made redskins logos?  I got a few wood carved logos for Detroit Tigers and MSU Spartans that I'm hanging in my space.  There's also some people on there doing metal work.  My space is a little more sports themed than yours.  I have the wine them upstairs in family room so this will be my space.  :)

This Crown bottle is different:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/129488545/washington-redskins-football-crown-royal?ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_query=Washington+Redskins&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=13&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

or something like this:

post #285 of 361 Old 03-07-2014, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementHT5 View Post

Great looking space...very well done.  Have you looked on etsy.com for some hand made redskins logos?  I got a few wood carved logos for Detroit Tigers and MSU Spartans that I'm hanging in my space.  There's also some people on there doing metal work.  My space is a little more sports themed than yours.  I have the wine them upstairs in family room so this will be my space.  smile.gif

Thanks so much for the compliment. We actually got the wine rack on Etsy. It's awesome. We like it because we'll probably never see one like it an anyone's home. First thing we've ever ordered off that website.

I am going to look around for some of those wood carved logos that you suggested...that would be very cool to add something like that to the room.

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #286 of 361 Old 03-12-2014, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

If you all haven't seen Dallas Buyers Club, you need to. WHAT A FLICK!!!! eek.gif

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #287 of 361 Old 03-24-2014, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementHT5 View Post

Great looking space...very well done.  Have you looked on etsy.com for some hand made redskins logos?  I got a few wood carved logos for Detroit Tigers and MSU Spartans that I'm hanging in my space.  There's also some people on there doing metal work.  My space is a little more sports themed than yours.  I have the wine them upstairs in family room so this will be my space.  smile.gif

This Crown bottle is different:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/129488545/washington-redskins-football-crown-royal?ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_query=Washington+Redskins&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=13&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

or something like this:

Thanks again for the heads up on these wooden hand-carved logos. Been meaning to drop you a note and let you know that we are getting ready to order this from WallYumYums on Etsy.com:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/152795492/large-custom-3d-washington-redskins

Except the artist is going to go bigger for me...24"W instead of 16"W. It's going to be 6-8 weeks lead time so hopefully I'll have it in-hand by Fathers Day.

Now if I could just convince her on the O's logo... wink.gif

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #288 of 361 Old 03-24-2014, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Check out these custom black-outs for windows!!!! MikeK614 shared these on another post and I thought I'd share the link on mine as well. This is GREAT info. You can make your own (cut to size) or you can order custom sizes to fit your window. You even have your choice of color (white, black, navy, green, etc.).

http://www.blackoutez.com/Custom-Sizes/Custom-Blackout-EZ-Window-Cover

Since I started watching movies, the window to the left of my screen lets in a little bit of light during the day (1" wood blinds). The window is 36"W x 55" H so it can be a bit distracting since it is just off the left side of my screen. The wood blinds on my window wells are about 10" in front of the glass so I'll just adhere these things right on the window and leave my wood blinds in place to hid the blackouts altogether. Here's a photo of my window:

I also have two smaller windows that are approx. 31"W x 21"H and, for this kind of pricing, I plan on getting blackout for all three of them. They are quoting my larger window at just under $40! eek.gif You can't beat that with a stick.

MikeK614 is already using these in his room and he has nothing but great things to say about them.

I will be sure to post some before and after pics of the blackouts in place and of the reduction of light.

Got the blackouts installed on the big window and it is nothing short of AMAZING. Installation took about 30 mins and they were cut to fit perfectly. What a great QUALITY product too. I'd pay double the price that I paid for them now that I've seen the quality. It blacked out the window so perfectly that now I'm forced to get another one for the smaller window down there that is towards the back and off to the side (by one of my surrounds). My wife walked down in the middle of the day and was super pleased with the result. In fact, she demanded that I order the one for the smaller window as light was sneaking thru the wood blinds. biggrin.gif Once I have this smaller window blacked out, it will be damn near pitch black down there during the day. I love the fact that I can just peel these things off with Velcro. Best part is that they are hidden by my wood blinds so no one even knows they are there. The white Velcro also seamlessly blends in with the white on the window so even if you had the blinds up and the black out cover off, you couldn't even see the Velcro.

If you are considering...consider no more. These are A+++++++++ across the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #289 of 361 Old 03-25-2014, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just finished reading through the whole thread. Great job by the way, and this is very close to what I am looking to do in our new (to us) home that has a poorly done HT setup that sadly must be completely removed. It's obvious you spent a lot of time in planning and made the best use of the space. Love the colors, love the layout, it really works! Congrats on a great finished project!
post #290 of 361 Old 03-26-2014, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16

That logo looks sweet!!!!  I hope you're donating a portion to the local indian tribes.  ;)

Post some pics once you get it up.  I'm going to start putting up some pics of my space once I get it named.

redvilln likes this.
post #291 of 361 Old 04-28-2014, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

My kids 3D version of Frozen arrived from the UK and it did not disappoint. It blows all of our other 3D animated films OUT OF THE WATER (and we have quite a few). No problems at all with the region-free disc in my OPPO BDP-103. You haven't seen Frozen until you've seen it in 3D. Well done Disney, well done.

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #292 of 361 Old 05-13-2014, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Gettin' the itch for that 2nd XV-15. Father's Day is coming up... eek.gif

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #293 of 361 Old 05-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Gettin' the itch for that 2nd XV-15. Father's Day is coming up... eek.gif

Maybe even an early Father's Day to you! biggrin.gif

post #294 of 361 Old 06-04-2014, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Just ordered another BlackoutEZ for the 2nd window in my basement. It's a small window (29 1/2" X 20") but during the day light surely gets around the wood blinds I have hung. I am going to shoot a video of the installation from start to finish for the manufacturer's website and for AVS. This product is THAT good and it deserves recognition. Cost was $30.00...$7.00 of which was shipping. eek.gif

www.blackoutez.com
stoudtlr likes this.

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #295 of 361 Old 06-04-2014, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Just ordered another BlackoutEZ for the 2nd window in my basement. It's a small window (29 1/2" X 20") but during the day light surely gets around the wood blinds I have hung. I am going to shoot a video of the installation from start to finish for the manufacturer's website and for AVS. This product is THAT good and it deserves recognition. Cost was $30.00...$7.00 of which was shipping. eek.gif

www.blackoutez.com

I'll need to check that out because I have a couple windows in my basement theater room .that I originally planned to frame over and seal off during the build but my better half won that arguement, as she usually does, and they let in too much light.
post #296 of 361 Old 06-04-2014, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 27
From one Skins fan to another...great job on the HT! I might need to copy you on the helmets...would love to have those in my bar.

My kid just played flag football with Ryan Kerrigan on Sunday. He donated time to help a friend's foundation for kids with brain cancer. Great guy.

-
My Theater Build

Equipment List: Denon X5200, Epson 6030, 120" Carada cinemascope screen, Panamorph U480, Oppo-103, Emotiva XPA-5, SVS PB12-NSD, LSA Statement LCR & surround speakers, Def Tech ProCinema 1000 rears & front wides, DefTech DI5.5R Atmos overheads, Grafik Eye 3106
post #297 of 361 Old 06-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
post #298 of 361 Old 06-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Great space AnnapolisSony. Good color schemes and a classic layout. Appears to be very well done.

I'm confused too.

post #299 of 361 Old 06-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 19
How's that Epson 5030 treating you? I'm curious about the black bars in the typical 2.4:1 aspect ratio movies and how much blends or doesn't blend with dark surroundings.

Hope you're enjoying the space!

post #300 of 361 Old 06-12-2014, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
How's that Epson 5030 treating you? I'm curious about the black bars in the typical 2.4:1 aspect ratio movies and how much blends or doesn't blend with dark surroundings.

Hope you're enjoying the space!
The 5030UB couldn't be better. This thing has been rock-solid out of the box since Day 1. So rock-solid in fact that I have been lazy about having someone out to calibrate it!

904WMC Media Room Thread
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Basement Bar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page