Help me decide my floorplan! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, My name is Mike and i have been reading through all of these awesome build threads and wouldn't mind to start contributing with one of my own. The thing is, Im having a hard time with the large room of my basement. This room is ~21.5' x 23' with a pole close to the center. I'd like to have a tv area with the possibility of adding a projector in the future. Maybe a bar. Plus seating for ~10 on holidays/special occasions.

This is all at the very beginning as i hope to have the rest of the old torn down and have exterior walls up next week sometime. Ill try to get some pictures soon as i know everyone loves to look.

but for now, here is the basic floor plan,

Tell me what you guys would do with my space available!

Thanks!

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 AM

Liked: 11
Where are your stairs or entrance? Are there any windows? What kind of seating do you want? How high is your ceiling?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-11-2013, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

The stairs come into the basement from left to right at the bottom of the layout. If you look at the 3d view, its where the angled cut out is.

Floor to bottom of joist = ~82.5"

floor to bottom of beam = ~75"

There are 3 windows are are 32" x 13" on the right wall.

I have an existing couch and loveseat that could be used down there along with a chair or two and bar seating.

My first thought was to have the tv on the left wall but my thoughts are changing a bit and thinking of the top wall.

I appreciate any idea at all!!

post #4 of 5 Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 AM

Liked: 11
85" in height, that is just under 7 feet, is there a drop ceiling down there? If it is a drop ceiling, you may want to remove it, put drywall up and finish it nicely, then you can also sound proof it as that will make a night and day difference in your movie experience. Just an idea for you. I took a guess at where the windows were. I said in another post that you could put a nice curtain above the half wall, place a nice column around the pole in the middle of your room, cover the three windows with curtains. Oh TV is across from the couch, forgot to label it.

post #5 of 5 Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the ideas! I've recently taken down the drop ceiling and i measured 75" to the bottom of the beam. beam is 6" i think. The joists are pretty low, very easy for me to grab onto being over 6'.

I think i want to keep the room a bit more open, as the rest of the basement is pretty chopped up.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page