Media Room Addition to house, need advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI All,

First post on AVS Forums but I've been a reader for the last two years. We are about to add an addition to our house which will be our new media/game room and I wanted to get some of your expert advise. Below is an image of the room with dimensions. I would really like to get a projector for this room but I want to get your guys opinions.

As of right now in my current bonus room I have a panasonic 65vt30 with goldenear triton 2's as the fronts and supersats as the center and surrounds. I'm planning to keep the speakers for this new room but not sure if the TV will be big enough for the room smile.gif. At least that's what I tell the wife. Shes surprisingly game for a projector as long as it LOOKS good. I'm thinking of getting 2 more supersats but not sure where I would place those since the room is so wide.

One issue with the room is that the left and right wall will only be 6 feet tall then the vaulted ceiling will start and go all the way up to about 12-14 feet, which hopefully wont be an acoustic nightmare. This is why I have to put the media center on the North wall in the image.

Please let me know what you guys think or any ideas about a projector or speaker locations. One idea i had was for a retractable screen and place the plasma behind it, since i love that TV and it would be great for watching regular TV. The wife really likes the look of a Fixed projector screen so I'm not sure how i could sell that to her.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Sean
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page