Help with my projector home theater build please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having an issue with my projector setup I attached a pic if anyone can help I'd appreciate. This is my first build so I'm by far a professional. I purchased the optoma th1020. I'm building my screen DIY projector screen. My room is 15 1/2 x 15 1/2 . The ceiling height is 7' 2" . I've purchased a ceiling mount . The seating is going to be all the way to the back wall. Well the screen I really want is 104" like the pic I attached I outlined with blue tape.i really wanted to mount the center speaker underneath the screen in the wall but the gas line is in the way and possibly the entertainment center. I've done the projector screen calculator and it say for that size screen the projector has to be 12' 5" away wich is no problem but I have to drop the screen down 8" inches down from center of lense. That would bring it to low maybe I'm not understanding that correctly. But I guess my biggest problem is really mounting the center speaker under the screen in the wall. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd like to add a panoramic shot maybe this helps describe my issue.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Hire a plumber to relocate the gas line... Looks like there's plenty of room to simply move it higher in the wall.

Assuming that's an exterior / load-bearing wall, if you're going to cut the stud away to make room for the speaker, you'll need to install a header in that cut out space.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Ok,

First are you dead set on inwalls and if so, why? If you would have "regular" speakers that would solve your "mounting" problem.

Not sure about the projector you have and it's mounting requirements, but I can assure you that you don't want the top frame right against the ceiling unless you can't help it. The reflections from the screen onto the wall could be bothersome.

You could use a smaller/shorter media cabinet or move it over to either side. Doing so would give you the option of moving the speaker down. If you are doing inwalls then you could take the opportunity to mount the speaker below the gas line and frame in a box for it as it will most likely be horizontal vs. vertical like the sides would be.

Regards,

RTROSE

Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 360
RTROSE brings up very good points (my neck hurt from trying to see your picture biggrin.gif ). If you're going to have a media console anyway, a center channel can go on top of it easier than in-wall. L/R on stands would give you a lot more options, too. If you stick with in-walls, those L/R positions look too high - they should be closer to ear-height and matching the center (otherwise you'll get odd-sounding pans across the front soundstage).

-- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page