New home media room surge protection/power conditioner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I will be moving into my new home soon, that has a media room. I plan on putting in a home theater. The room is pre wired with all the normal stuff....front/center/rear speaker wiring, HDMI and power outlet for the projector in the ceiling, etc. My question is, what are my options for surge protection for the whole room. My front 2 speakers will be powered, the AVR, blu ray player and so on, whcih I could put a stand alone surge protector on (Panamax or whatever), but what about the projector? Is there anyway to just protect the whole room? what are my options here? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-26-2013, 12:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Welcome to the forum. Your 'needs' don't seem to be out of the ordinary. There are lots of threads about surge protectors. Here's one that was started a few days ago: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1452805/surge-protection-recommendations-needed-for-a-newby-with-a-relatively-simple-system/0_40 . Personally, I don't use them.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
From what I've seen, whole house surge protectors can be pretty pricey. I have all of my equipment on a seperate circuit with everything plugging into a power conditioner. For the projector, I used an in-line protector like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812106006&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Surge+Suppressors-_-N82E16812106006&gclid=CNHdg_T_ibUCFYVFMgod4z0ADg
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page