AVS Forum banner

Extremely Cheap Build

3K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  Sting82465 
#1 ·
Well I got a house. My wife and I have finally found a house we can love in our pricerange, and best yet it has a room for my home theater, although its not the biggest room:rolleyes:.

Its 21x10. I know. its borderline too small, but i have researched pretty extensively and i can make it work.

because i have no money after buying this house, at least for the time being this will be a cheap build. the room is unfinished and needs to be wired, so i want to make it future compatible.

my equipment is all extremely low budget, but because I went a little unorthodox in its aquisition I think it will work out.

My proejctor is a proxima 9310 which is old but was 15k dollars when it was new. with a hd fury adapter (i got the projector on craigslist for $25). I think I will be creating my own mount for it, since peerless wants $220 for the mount. If anyone has any better options for a mount that doesnt break the bank it would be great.

I got a damaged Da-lite screen for $30 that i am in the process of repairing, It just has a broken bezel.

Here are some pics of the room as it is now and what I hope to do to it.

The shelves the are at the end are getting ripped out.

See less See more
#27 ·
Got two of my posters done. I have Indiana jone and Star Wars to still mount

#28 ·
Well carpet is in $400 bucks through friend and some returns at Lowes. Got the tv in. I am ecstatic!

#29 ·
Got two klipsch speakers from a yard sale for $20

#31 ·
I've decided not to put in the projector. The TV is enough for now. It would just be too much I think.

#32 ·

Wow, coming in a bit late but I have to say this looks really nice! Always like to see other budget conscious users. Can't wait to move into my own place so I can hop on the cinema bandwagon. Keep the posts going!

#33 ·
Thanks I've been very happy with it. Ran out of speaker wire. Haven't even hooked up the speakers yet. The TV has been in storage for 2+years. Forgot how much I love rear projection DLP's they really were the best bang for your buck for a while

#41 ·
well its done, at least for the time being. got one more poster frame coming in and will be putting in my indiana jones poster. i am happy with how it all turned out. its a small room but everything fits nicely. it looks cramped in the pictures but is better in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.