Please help with speaker placement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to plan my surround speaker placement in the bonus room of my new house. My problem is that I have knee walls. I currently have a 5.1 system and will eventually go with a 7.1 system. This picture is taken from where the tv will be mounted. I planned on putting my bipole speakers 90* from my seating position. It's where that hole is on the left just under the knee wall. The problem is that will be at ear level. I've read that bipole speakers should be above the seating position.

Eventually my rear surrounds will be mounted on the wall pointing at and angled down toward the seating position. It's the hole that's the tallest and furthest to the right in the picture. I planned on those being monopole speakers since I don't really have a good back wall.

Do you think this setup will work or should I switch the left and right surrounds to monopoles too? I wanted bipole speakers so I wouldn't be able to pinpoint them. I'm worried that they'll be too focused if I go with monos. Thanks in advance.

Here's a bit wider angle. Figuring out the room treatments should be interesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-29-2013, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Bump. Someone has to have some opinion. frown.gif
post #3 of 4 Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Have you considered in-ceiling speakers? I don't think you are going to be happy with the side surrounds that low.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I haven't considered them because my in-laws have them and I don't particularly like the directionality. Of course they have flat ceilings and I don't. About where would you suggest putting them in those ceilings? The higher up the ceiling I go the closer to my seating position I'll get. Thanks.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page