Help with surround speaker placement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I just picked up new GoldenEar speakers for my home theater. I don't know where to place the surrounds. I have Aon 3s up front, SuperSat 50c center channel, and 2 SuperSat 3s to place as surrounds.

Everything I've read says that the surrounds should be placed on the side just behind the seating area. The problem for me is that there is a door opening to the kitchen. Attached is the layout of my room (not to scale).

Does anybody have suggestions of where to put the surrounds? Should they just go behind the couch on the back wall?

-- jaydillyo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Put them on the wall to the left and right of the couch. move the couch forward of back accordingly. You might not be able to get it perfect.. Otherwise,I'd get stands and put them on there.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-06-2013, 02:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I totally agree with Goat1's suggestion.

How much room is there between the back wall corner and the door? It might be too close to the corner and give some weird side wall reflections, but the two corners are an option if it'll fit.

Alternatively if you can't move the couch forward per Goat's suggestion you could aways get 2 more sat3s and make for a 7.x wink.gif Afterall, it looks like mounting them on the side would be directly perpendicular to your couch and you have room in line with your couch on the back wall for your rear surrounds.

But seriously, I don't think any of the mounting locations would be terrible.

Also, you could consider getting wall mounts you could angle slightly to compensate for the slight deviation in optimal placement.

Either way you should definitely post up pictures of your system once you set it up!
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page