The beginning of a new addiction into HT. - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Home Entertainment & Theater Builder > General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms > The beginning of a new addiction into HT.

General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

LoveMyVette's Avatar LoveMyVette
09:15 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 2
02-01-2013 | Posts: 1
First time poster here. You people are crazy, a good kind of crazy. I've always had an interest in A/V stuff, but after perusing this website, I realized my setup was in need of an upgrade. I previously ran a 8 year old 500 watt Yamaha 5.1 with the small satellite speakers and sub it came with to go along with my 60" Sharp LCD that just sat on a table. So I decided to do a complete overhaul with about a $1,500 budget. The sitting area measures about 10X25.

Existing equipment:
60" Sharp Aquos LCD
Xbox & PS3
Fios HD Box

New additions:
Pioneer VSX-1122 1100 watt 7.2 channel receiver
Cheetah Articulating Wall Mount
Sonax black component bench cabinet.
(4) Cerwin Vega Ve-5M Bookshelf speakers
(1) Cerwin Vega Ve-5C Center channel speaker
(2) Cerwin Vega Ve-8F Tower speakers
(2) Polk Audio PSW505 subwoofers

I was rather limited in the placement of my speakers in regards to the Surround Rears, so I decided to go with Front Heights instead to add more to the field of sound coming from the front. To mount the Front Heights, Surround, and Center Channel I put my carpentry skills to the test and fashioned up some shelves for the speakers. I positioned the speakers according to Dolbys website with exception to the Front Heights.

That's pretty much it. I'm definitely going with a projector and retractable screen as my next upgrade. But how that will work I have no idea just yet. I was thinking i could mount a projector here : but that really only leaves me with a 10foot throw which leaves me with a max size of like 120" i think. If I were to mount it slightly further back on the rear ceiling, would the column that sits in the middle of the room cause any interference? I figured maybe a few feet wouldnt obstruct the picture, but I really dont know. I'll probably start a thread in the projector sub forum in the future to gain some more insight as to the flexability of positioning, but for now any thoughts? I figure ill be looking to spend between 2-2,500 on the projector and screen when that time comes. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to this new addiction. If you have any suggestions please don't hesitate to voice any and all opinions.
WagBoss's Avatar WagBoss
02:13 AM Liked: 19
post #2 of 2
02-02-2013 | Posts: 658
you should move your subwoofers away from each other so it will give a smoother bass response in your room.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Subscribe to this Thread