Karaoke systems that can use SD cards with MP3+G? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, so I am not quite sure exactly where to put this thread, as there's no dedicated Karaoke section on AVS. I hope this works, LOL!

Anyways, I have a Magic Sing ET21KV, and while it is cool, I had gotten the impression back when I purchased it a few years ago that I could load my own MP3+G files (MP3s with a .CDG file for the lyrics) onto an SD card, plug it into the SD slot, and use those songs. But apparently I was misled... So, I guess my question is if there are any Karaoke systems out there that let me do just that (put MP3+G files onto an SDHC card and use THOSE songs, instead of paying insane amounts of money for "Music Chips" with old songs and/or crap I don't want and STILL don't have the songs I want)?

So, basically, are there any Karaoke systems out there that:

1. You can load YOUR OWN MP3+G (MP3 and CDG) files onto an SDHC card (and/or a USB key) and Karaoke with those
  2. Are ENGLISH
  3. Come with 2+ wireless mics
  4. You can hook it up to your TV and/or home theater
  5. Are at least somewhat portable and preferably all-in-one (meaning I don't really want a separate player, and then another box for the mics, etc)
  6. Preferably HD (HDMI hookup?) and do true stereo (or better)
  7. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg
  8. Won't break after only a few uses

Am I crazy to think such a thing exists??? The Magic Sing would be effing PERFECT if it let me use that damn SD slot for my own songs (apparently it just lets you record yourself singing to the cards)....

Thanks for your help!

-JB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-18-2013, 12:17 PM

the best way is if you buy a small mixer plus amplifier and speakers..hook it up to your laptop and use your laptop to send pics to tv..then sing as loud as you want...loads of programs out there to run to play mp3 / cdg..
heresmy e-mail address to get in touch...chrisp271167@hotmail.co.uk
post #3 of 3 Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 PM

I have a Acesonic DGX210 multi-format which cost me about $100.00. I run it throught my stereo receiver along with a couple of old large stereo speakers which sound great.

Anyway, yes with this system I presently have 729 mp3+g files on sd cards and usb. Works great. If you need more info e-mail me (hotshevy@sbcglobal.net). I'll be glad to assist and offer other information.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms