Power Strip with Unswitched Outlets? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-05-2013, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Why am I having so much trouble finding a basic power strip with an unswitched outlet or two? My HT is pretty low budget, and I am not looking for anything too complicated and fancy. There are plenty of $30 to $50 devices that would meet my needs perfectly, but almost none of them have an unswitched outlet for the DVR. Why is this such a rare feature? Does anyone have any recommendations?

The only line I've found so far are these from Belkin, but I don't want or need a remote, and the reviews suggest that the remotes are prone to failure anyway.

Any other ideas (in my price range) greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Noobio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-05-2013, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobio2 View Post

Why am I having so much trouble finding a basic power strip with an unswitched outlet or two? My HT is pretty low budget, and I am not looking for anything too complicated and fancy. There are plenty of $30 to $50 devices that would meet my needs perfectly, but almost none of them have an unswitched outlet for the DVR. Why is this such a rare feature? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Because you're trying to do something that a regular, cheap power strip isn't meant for...

Just run your DVR to the wall outlet, or better yet, to a UPS, and leave all the switched stuff on the power strip.

Or since you were already onto the Belkin products - they have a $30 one that does exactly what you need:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Conserve-Socket-Energy-Saving/dp/B003P2UMQ2/ref=pd_sim_e_1

"2 Not-Controlled outlets for continuous power to cable/satellite boxes and DVRs"

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page