New build - basement media and game room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-10-2013, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've finally decided to build out the unused portion of my basement... I have a space that is ~ 30'x30'... with three support poles down the middle.

I am hoping to get feedback from others who have done something similar on the layout that I'm considering... particularly the distance from the screen of the first row of seating and the location of the 'raised' floor for the second row of seating.

• I am planning to use a space that is 15'x 23' for the theater - it will be open along the side to the rest of the room where we plan to have an exercise area, pool table, etc.
  • 120" screen
  • I read that the ideal viewing distance is 12' to 19' from the screen. I am planning to build a raised floor for the back 10' of the space... the front of the raised portion would be 13'6" from the screen.

My electronics budget is ~ $3k. I am planning to purchase:
  • Epson 8350 project
  • Yamaha RX-V573 7.1-Channel Network AV Receiver
  • 7.1 surround sound
  • Polk Audio speakers (TSi400 floor standing for the fronts, TSi100 for the sides and rear, C S20 for the center)

I haven't chosen a screen yet...

The center of of the first row of seating will be 12' back on a 120" screen. Does anyone have experience with this?

Does the location of my raised floor make sense based on people experience?

Any thoughts on the components that I have chosen? I'm not a serious audiophile but I want to 'feel' the movie when the sound gets turned up!

Thanks in advance for any guidance that you can provide.

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page