Need help with setup of 7.1 System and placement of speakers. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-23-2013, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is a few layouts of my living room and you will see my problem. I currently am running only the Left, Right, Center, and Sub of my surround sound system due to the fact I have no idea how to set it up and fit everything. Any help will be appreciated.

This is my current layout and you can see that its awkward but gives me more space in the living room.

Here is moving the TV to the center of the windows and placement of the additional surround speakers. I have 9 foot ceilings.

Here is a layout without the chair or the ottoman. This one will most likely not fly due to the Ole lady wanting to keep the chair. I also wonder if you can mount the L and R speakers above to clear the door way? like this. The rear speakers will be mounted to the ceiling having to face straight down most likely and the surrounds will be on the wall.

If you guys have any other way to set it up I would be open for hints as this room is just not working with me. Here is the website i used to create the plans if your interested.

http://www.urbanbarn.com/Room-Planner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-25-2013, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I vote for the one sans-chair (sorry Mrs. GixxerJunky!).

Seating away from room boundaries is always the best for sound, especially low frequencies. Although having your seating at the mid-point of the room can cause other modal issues....

In that config, you could mount the rear speakers on the back wall, would work better than ceiling mounted, IMO.

AVR: DENON 2113ci
FL/R: Klipschorn
CC: Klipsch RC64ii
SUR: Polk LS F/X x 4
SUB: PSA XS15 x 4
DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page