Energy Take with Denon or Bose with Pioneer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have Samsung 46" 3D TV (smart ready) , had bought Samsung HT system but didn't like it and returned in 2 weeks.
Now, I am back at it again, looking to buy a Home Theater system that goes well with the TV.

Now, I am contemplating between the below

1. Costco is selling Bose Acoustimass 6 with Pioneer VSX 822k for 800 plus taxes
2. Energy Take Classic 5.1 with Denon 1913 for total 800 (Amazon) and no taxes. (Energy Take is for 400 and Denon is for 400)

I read at many places that Bose is just a hype brand and I can get much high satisfaction with Energy Take Classic with a receiver, is Denon the right combination for Energy Take or anything else OR should I chose other speaker system with some other receiver?

Also, do I still need a 3D blu ray player? Denon 1913 is 3D player, so I am assuming the answer is NO.

I also read that Monoproce speakers are also very good but are Energy take worth 100 bucks more?

My budget is 800.00 (That's what I got as cash back award to use).

My room size is not that great - 20x15 and I stay in rented apartment.

Any advise from the experts or experienced persons shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 63
With small speakers come small sound. Are you limited on space? If not, look at getting bigger speakers. You're right about Bose on here... most people don't like them.

The Monoprice 5.1 are supposed to be re-badged Classics - so you can save yourself $300 there and put that towards a better sub.

So, get the 1913 + Monoprice 5.1 + a $300 sub (check the budget sub thread for more info) = $800

or...

if you don't need the 7.1 go down to the 1613 or 1713 and put the money towards better speakers and sub(s).

Yes, you still need a 3D blu-ray player to pass the signal to the 3D ready AVR, then to the 3D ready TV.

post #3 of 4 Old 02-25-2013, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks UGAd13, appreciate your input.

I don't have too much space and would like to keep the speakers compact/small without compromising the audio so unless Monoprice is a bad choice against something comparable, I would go with this since the price is great.

Thanks for suggesting a sub, I will look for one, going to research that thread first what most people think about which one is a good one.

Denon 1713 or 1913 are priced same (399 on Amazon) and doesn't save me any money by choosing 1713, so I would go for 1913. Is that OK?
post #4 of 4 Old 02-25-2013, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 127
I would also suggest monitoring your local craigs list. Very nice subs that are larger then some of the smaller economy subs pop up from time to time. Nothing wrong with used equipment.
I have a 12" BIC sub that I picked up for free on craigs list (amp was blown) and installed a replacement amp from MCM for $100. It work great in my small room.. once I found the sweet spot for it's placement. Do continue to research just in case something used shows up, you will know if it is a good buy or not. Always low ball the price, you are the one with the money and the seller is the one looking for money. Worst can happen is they say no, but lots of times they counter or accept it.
Good luck!
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page