L-shaped room options - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My living room is L-shaped and while plenty large in terms of square footage, the logistics of an L-shaped room can make it feel small at times. Currently we have the television on one of the interior legs of the L with the couch directly across. This has worked fine for a while but now the family is growing and there is an issue with seating. Given the width of the room there is no way to add more seats in a way that pleases everyone (assuming we keep the TV where it is).

I was thinking I would need to invest in a sectional placed in the outside corner of the L which would make the ideal place for the television the opposite corner of the L. Searching for 'corner TV stands' gives me a lot of results for the wrong (and more common) type of corner. I was hoping someone here would be able to give me the magic word to search for or let me know if they have seen anything that would work. My current thinking is that I may need to buy two stands and place them together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Liked: 11
Your message is a little confusing without a sketch. So are you looking for a stand that goes around a corner (never seen one). or one that sits in a corner (plenty of those). Post a sketch with dimensions and I'm sure youll get some responces.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-26-2013, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I'm talking about the interior corner of the L, the convex one. Not the concave corner which is common to every room everywhere.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM

Liked: 11
I don't think your find a specific TV stand designed for an outside corner. I have seen Kitchen Cabinets that way, you might be able to configure a coupe of kitchen bases with a custom countertop. Probobly your best bet is to find someone to build it for you to your specifications, check out guys that make custom kitchen cabinets and built in bookcases
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page