I'm reasonably new here, and have been reading for a little while. I do want to warn you that I am completey new to this, and may be asking some pretty silly questions, and appreciate your patience and guidance here.
I'm in the process of building a new home, and as a part of the purchase, I opted for a 7.1 surround sound setup in the combined game / media room upstairs. The picture below shows you the design, and where everything is.Important note:
The room has already been pre-wired, and I've gone in to inspect the wiring. Dry-wall goes up next Tuesday, and the builder told me that if I want to make any changes, addtions, etc, now is the time. Ideally, he needs to know by Saturday, to make changes over th weekend or Monday and start Drywall after that.
To explain a bit more:
- The Front Left, Front right, Rear Left and Rear right speaker outlets have been prewired as in wall speakers
- They are positioned 10 inches below the ceiling line (ceiling is about 9 feet for most of the room, and 8'6" near the walls as it slopes slightly)
- For the Left surround and right surround speaker, they have been positioned in ceiling
- Positioning is roughly how you see it in the diagram.
- The sub is positioned (pre-wired) at the top right corner of the room.
- There are three large windows on the right wall of the room (I will be buying block-out curtains to darken the room when watching the screen)
- The "brown rectangle" is a sofa, most probably 4-6 seater with a chaise.
- There is a power and TV outlet at 60" above the floor (I did this to seamlessly mount a TV on the wall and provide it with power and video)
- The rest of the cables from all speakers are about 10 inches above the floor directly below. I will have a media cabinet below the TV ,but the cables will all be in the wall.
1) Is the layout and positioning of the speakers ideal? For example, the fact that my Left and Right Surround are in-ceiling, and the rest in wall (10 inches below ceiling line), does this matter, would it affect sound quality or dynamics in the room?
2) I had originally thought about putting a 60 ~ 80" LED in the room rather than a projector. What would you suggest is the ideal size for this room?
2) Would this room suit a projector setup as an alternative to a traditional screen? Or is the room too small? (I ask this because if I want to pre-wire, now is the time, as I am told it would be a lot easier.) If yes, What would I need to ask for in terms of pre-wire, and where would you position the projector?
3) If the answer to 2 is "yes", I need some advise on positioning of lighting. I can't obviously put a fan / light combo where it is now, because it would interrupt the projector, and then would need to perhaps ask for prewire for sconces?
4) Any other general advise?
Thanks in advance for your help and reading my post