Receiver question: Cobbling together BestBuy clearance deals - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-02-2013, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I decided to revamp my setup and grab a few pieces that were either clearanced or open boxed at BB. I've picked up a couple of receivers and looking for recommendations for which one to keep.

Main components:
  • TV- Panasonic TC-50UT50 ($463)
  • Disc Player- Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD ($90 seemed like a good pricepoint to take a shot at it) or Samsung BDD6500ZA ($49)
  • Speakers- Pioneer SP-FS51-LR(current), Klipsh Quintets ($108), Mirage Omni S-8 ($99)
  • Receiver- Denon AVR790
  • Windows8 i3 DIY HTPC w Ceton InfiniTV
  • XBOX360

Receiver choices:
  1. Marantz NR1602 ($199)
  2. Pioneer VSX-42 ($175)
  3. Pioneer VSX-522k ($100)

I'm selling my Sony KDL 55EX500, the AVR790, and my PS3 and games. I've loved the Sony, but I'd like to have 3D capability for my kids, and I'll get bonus points from the wife for downsizing the TV. The PS3 was redundant- I game on a PC, so I only used it as a bluray player plus I'd like to give the universal player a try so I can listen to some better quality music. Those are my priorities and the pieces I'm looking to replace.

My wife has different priorities, of course. Ease of use for the wife is a definite priority, so the VSX-42 has my eye because of the HTC Connect firmware update, which will work with her phone. I'm also of a mind to think it would be advantageous to have 2 pioneer products in the loop to increase simplicity and reduce the amount of remotes. Any compelling reasons to go with the Marantz or the 522K?
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page