on-wall, in-wall, or speaker wire wall outlet? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-03-2013, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The participants on this forum have convinced me wires are best. So I have to wire my basement as we finish it. I'm still thinking on-wall and in-wall are challenges because you have to get it right. For the sacrifice of a little wire showing installing speaker wire terminal plates in the rear is more flexible and if you don't use it solely as a tv room they are unobtrusive if not used. I would put them at the same height as typical power outlets. Although I'm not an audio person, this would be convenient for an enthusiast to plug some giant floor speaker into for big sound. I appreciate any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You wont get much of an answer unless you ask a specific question. But in general there are a few options you can consider.

1) Take some time and have a plan for your space. What are you going to use the space for, who will use it. Will you use it for something different down the road.

2) If you are unsure run speaker wire to different locations. Speaker wire is cheap. If your not sure on location A/B run it to both. It can just stay behind the drywall if you decide not to use it.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page