How to line up a projector correctly to screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-09-2013, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wanted to know the best way to properly line up a projector with it's screen?

With my last projector I tried to keep the lens parallel to the screen but I had to use some keystone to get the image centered on my screen.

I would love to just mount it correctly to the ceiling and have no adjustments at all. How do I measure this stuff out?

Thanks for the help! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Does your projector have lens shift? If it does makes it much easier. The simple answer is to get everything lined up you just need to make sure of a couple of things. One that your screen is "square" and mounted properly. Then you need to make sure the projector is level, front to back, side to side, and as you state parallel to the screen. I used a laser "tape measure" to get my pj parallel with the screen.

If your PJ does not have lens shift you will have to look in the manual to see where the pj is relative to the screen. Some will give a measurement of say the pj needs to be mounted 10" above the center of the screen or something like that. Your particular manual on your pj just might be the best reference on what to do for that particular pj.

Good luck.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.