My Craigslist Creation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I finally moved out of that crappy little apartment into a bigger place and decided it was time to ditch the all in one Sony S-Master System and kick it up a notch or two. Rather than go into debt with credit card companies, I hit the Craigslist. It took me about two months to put it all together, but I achieved my goal; A Frankenstein's Monster of Craigslist finds. Here's what I bought and here's what it cost me: Pioneer VSX-D812 receiver $30, JBL E150P Subwoofer $30, I picked up a set of Infinity TSS-SAT500's for the fronts,center and surrounds for $15, but I quickly ditched them cuz they reminded me too much of the little speakers that came with my old Sony set up and I wanted to go big. I had the room after all. I picked up a pair of Infinity Alpha 50's for $50. That's right $50! They are immaculate. Got an Infinity IL25c center speaker for $35, and some Infinity OWS-1 for the surrounds for $40. If my math is right, the whole set up cost me $200. Sold the Sony S-Master system for $65 and the TSS-SAT500's for $79 on Craigslist. After everything was said and done the whole set up cost me $56! I'm keeping my eye out for a matching Infinity subwoofer and another set of OWS-1's to complete the 7.1 configuration. The hunt continues. The rest of my set up includes a 55" LG LED TV, Sony PS3, and my Cisco HD cable box from COX, my local cable company. I may not have the latest tech in my set up (no HDMI passthrough or the latest DSP's on my receiver) but it sounds awesome and I couldn't be happier. Enough about me though, I want to hear about your Craigslist or garage sale finds. What treasures have you found? What deals have you fallen into? And for the record, your white van speaker deal doesn't count. Can you say "Affinity"? Hahahahaha! And if anybody out there has any suggestions for my own system, I'd love to hear them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nice freakin' work.

I got nearly my entire system used. Most everything was about half price what it was new. I bought the subwoofer and center channels new. And I'm about to buy a new BenQ projector and a screen.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-13-2013, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Tell me what's in your system? I'm gonna be posting up pics here tomorrow. If you have any pics I'd like to see them.
post #4 of 9 Old 03-13-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Tell me what's in your set up? I'm gonna be posting up pics here tomorrow. If you have any pics I'd like to see them.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-14-2013, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

post #6 of 9 Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

post #7 of 9 Old 03-14-2013, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

post #8 of 9 Old 03-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
great job foraging. That is a lot of bang for $56. Pretty nice pickings in Phoenix it seems.

underachiever extraordinaire
post #9 of 9 Old 03-29-2013, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

One small addition to my set up, I picked up a 300 watt infinity PS-12 subwoofer for $50. From what I've read I got about 2 days left before this thing takes a crap on me, but until then I'm going to enjoy my matched set.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page