Recommendations for TV wall mount? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 47 Old 11-13-2013, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23

I need something that articulates out (like the Cheetah) because my TV flush-mounts into a false wall... so there's no way to get enough fingers around it to hang it using these fixed mounts. I only need 4-6" of front-to-back articulation, bit it's required. Hopefully those mounts work out for your installations. I'm going to keep looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
if you find one let me know. amazon shipped me the wrong articulating mount the first time and i might not return it now. its about double or triple the hefty-ness of the cheetah but the wall plate was a bit too small to reach the studs. but at this point it might be worth keeping the sturdy mount and cutting a hole on the other side of the wall and add some more framing so the mount works. again still pondering. ill take a picture of it and post it to see if someone can identify it. its a beast.
post #33 of 47 Old 11-15-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post

i ordered this one and will be giving it a try:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UWXW0Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

so this mount worked great! comes with great hardware and screws. no issues at all. very solid and the tilting brackets are very sturdy. i will say that if you want a super flush mount this might not work as it does make the TV hang off the wall. i don't care in my situation because of my old plasma has a very thick base so in my case it worked perfectly.
post #34 of 47 Old 12-23-2013, 03:09 PM

Any new suggestions? I am looking for an articulating mount that sits very flush when pushed against the wall. I'd like a good quality one without spending too much(of course). I hear good about the monoprice, then I hear bad. Same got the Cheetah, good and bad. It needs yo hold a 55vt50, so nothing like the 65" TVs others are mounting.

post #35 of 47 Old 01-05-2014, 03:17 PM

I haven't decided on a mount yet, I don't want to get one only to find it doesn't work well. Any suggestions?

post #36 of 47 Old 03-14-2014, 06:21 AM

Liked: 10

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought it would be better to add to this thread. I am looking for a wall mount which would give me some access to the back of the tv for a 65'' or 75'' led tv. If a tilt mount would give us enough access, that would be fine. I don't know if I need to go with an articulating mount. I assume that a fixed position wall mount would not work for me. I was wondering if there are any other good mounts similar to Sanus VLT5.

post #37 of 47 Old 03-14-2014, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16

I just ordered this one from monoprice for my 70" TV:  http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=6663&seq=1&format=2

they also have a full swivel here:  http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=6517&seq=1&format=2

I have a monoprice mount for my 52" TV in my family room that I've had for 5+ years that worked great.

post #38 of 47 Old 03-14-2014, 01:27 PM

Those are lot less expensive than the Sanus tv mounts. Thanks for the info.

post #39 of 47 Old 03-14-2014, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I have the baby brother of that articulating Monoprice one. Great mount! smile.gif
post #40 of 47 Old 05-29-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWIII View Post

...even the fancy brands have quality control issues. Maybe return the Cheetah for a replacement, or just call them and demand a replacement part.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm going to try again with another one of these mounts. I sold my last home with mancave intact, which means I get to build a new one from scratch in the new house. This time I'll be going with a 70" that weighs about 95#. I'm hoping that the lighter weight, smaller size, and hopefully getting a "better production run" from Cheetah will mean this mount works better than the last one.

I have long been very happy with this Monoprice unit for my bedroom 40", but was worried that their 60" top spec would be an issue for the larger unit (??)
post #41 of 47 Old 06-06-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labboypro View Post

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm going to try again with another one of these mounts. I sold my last home with mancave intact, which means I get to build a new one from scratch in the new house. This time I'll be going with a 70" that weighs about 95#. I'm hoping that the lighter weight, smaller size, and hopefully getting a "better production run" from Cheetah will mean this mount works better than the last one.

I have long been very happy with this Monoprice unit for my bedroom 40", but was worried that their 60" top spec would be an issue for the larger unit (??)

Holy moley... what was I thinking?

This new IDENTICAL PART NUMBER AS THE LAST ONE unit is completely different. It came as a damn Heathkit that I had to assemble. Both the wall plate and TV plate are now cut in half, then tied back together with nuts and bolts and self-threading screws (5 nut/bolt/lock washer combos for the wall plate... and metric equivalent of about 3/16" shaft! ... and 4 carriage bolts with nylock nuts on the TV plate... metric equivalent of about 1/4"). Then, I had to assemble 3/6 of the articulating legs, including bushings, etc. It appears the SOLE benefit to breaking this thing down into a LEGO set and halving the mounting plates is to make the box smaller. And the trade-off is that what used to be solid plates for wall and TV mounts are now the same amount of steel with a giant seam down the middle, stitched back together with a little bracket and some flimsy bolts... so for the TV side, this puts the ENTIRE downward load directly on the heads of 3 scrawny bolts instead of a solid steel plate... the solid steel-ness is all wasted. In all, there were 27 pieces/sub-assemblies I had to piece together just to get to where I was the instant I opened the box on the previous one of these I purchased last year. I'm done with Cheetah. You should be too.

/2 cents
post #42 of 47 Old 06-07-2014, 09:03 AM

After delaying and delaying I've decided to wall mount. Mostly cause I need more space on the console to place other goodies.
Normally I'd jump on the amazon or monoprice offerings but I've noticed a lot of the previously well reviewed models have less than stellar RECENT review with a lot of complaints of design changes and a decline in quality.
Can anyone recommend based on a recent purchase?
I have no issues buying a non brand name "budget" mount or whatever. But with plasmapheresis being discontinued I'd be very upset if my panny tumbled due to poor craftsmanship.
post #43 of 47 Old 06-07-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberish View Post

Can anyone recommend based on a recent purchase?

I have used this one from Monoprice on two different installs, and found it to be nothing less than superb... heavy steel construction, smooth articulation arms, and reasonably easy to tilt down or up as needed. It is described as good for 37", and my 2 installs were both 40's, which worked fine. I would have used it on my current 70" install (see a couple of posts up), but I needed 400x400 VESA. Purchases were approx 2 years ago, so no idea if they've crapped out on this model or not.
post #44 of 47 Old 06-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberish View Post

I have no issues buying a non brand name "budget" mount or whatever. But with plasmapheresis being discontinued I'd be very upset if my panny tumbled due to poor craftsmanship.
The good news is that most of the problems that people have been reporting here are evident from the moment you take the mount out of the box. For example when I helped my friend with his Sanus VLT15, we could tell instantly that one of the clutches was slipping and that the TV could unexpectedly tilt downward.

My advice would be to order whatever mount looks like it will meet your needs, unpack and install it, and then make your own assessment as to the stability of the particular mount you received. If you feel uneasy about it, take it down. If not, it will probably be fine.
labboypro likes this.

post #45 of 47 Old 06-08-2014, 08:32 AM

True. I'm sure it's fairly easy to tell when something isn't solid even before you install. Referencing a model where they turned the one piece solid wall bracket into two pieces with a bolted seam to save on packaging. It's more like I didn't want to deal with returns and the delays involved with that kind of situation. I've new scouring the reviews and found a couple that still have positive reviews. Need to make a decision soon. My tv room looks like a bomb went off at this point.
post #46 of 47 Old 06-08-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labboypro View Post

I have used this one from Monoprice on two different installs, and found it to be nothing less than superb...

I just ordered one of these for a new install... will post when I get it in my hands as to whether it is still as good as the previous ones I bought.
post #47 of 47 Old 06-08-2014, 01:54 PM

I'm considering this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004C4SC5U/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1402260206&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Or the sanus: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004FPYLKG?pc_redir=1402150823&robot_redir=1

If I had to pay for shipping from monoprice I'd get the sanus. But both being prime eligible the mono is half the price.
Only knock in the monoprice one seems to be some gripes with the tilting mechanism. One saying its too hard to get to another saying it flops around. Those may be user related errors from what I've seen.

Haven't had any issues with monoprice stuff yet so I'll prob give them a shot. Anyone on here use that specific one by any chance?
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page