Sending signal from one TV to another - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-01-2013, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First time post, so appologize if this is wrong forum.

Goal: Send TV signal into another room so that whatever is on it's screen is on another screen.

Room 1 (Theater/Game Room):

TV: KDS-60A2000

Devices
DirecTV HD/DVR Box plugged in via HDMI
xbox 360 and PS3 plugged into Y-Switch....taking 1 HDMI slot on TV
Wii plugged into Composit Video

Room 2 (Computer Room)

Using either TV or monitor or wired into a computer with dual Radeon HD 5770 running crossfire.

The two rooms are side by side. I intended to drill through a wall to run wires if needed

Generally, I want to either be able to watch TV while in the computer room or use the xbox 360/ps3 from the computer room.

What I want to know, would be the best way to do it, if it's possible. I don't think my TV has any form of Video out's and I don't want to lose quality on the TV itself by putting a device between the connections and the TV if I can help it. But I'm not ruling that out.

Suggestions?

Spec sheet on my TV: http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/KDS60A2000_specs.pdf

Thanks in advanced for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I think that you need to consider getting a receiver with dual HDMI outputs. There's no way to "daisy chain" TVs to each other, and HDMI splitters are problematic. Running all devices into a receiver (which will also convert your Wii into HDMI for output) will be the best way to do this. Unfortunately it will also cost you...

post #3 of 3 Old 04-03-2013, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
You have three sources you need to share. Each needs its own distribution method. Your DirecTV receiver likely has component video outputs. Buy a long enough component video cable with stereo audio to cover the run from the receiver to the computer room TV.
Stipulation #1 Computer room TV must have component video input
The HDMI output of the 'Y" switch can be divided with an HDMI splitter from monoprice. (At this point I implore you to visit http://www.monoprice.com/. you will find a plethora of distribution hardware and cabling at very reasonable prices. Maybe you can find a cleaner way to share your three HDMI devices that meets your needs, cuz stacking switches is probably a bad idea, upon reflection)
Stipulation #2 computer room TV must have HDMI input
The composite video of the Wii can be divided with a distribution amp as well. If you want to play in the other room, the sensor bar is needed. extension cables are available as are wireless models operated by battery. The Wii remotes may or may not make it through the wall, you will have to test.
Stipulation #3 computer room TV must have composite video input.
Good Luck

underachiever extraordinaire
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page