Need help with media room layout - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-20-2013, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I need help deciding how to layout my media room. The room is 16' 7" x 13' 6". I want to be able to seat at least 5 people. Since I have not decided where the seating is going to be, I have not purchased the surrounds yet. I was originally planning on having two rows of seating and placing the Jamo C60 SUR against the back 13' 6" wall(right wall in the pic) but they are dipoles so that is a no go. What do you guys think?

1- Jamo C60 CEN
2- Jamo C607
2- Jamo C60 SUR or C601(haven't bought these yet)
1- Jamo SUB650

FOR SALE: Denon X4000 BNIB | Klipsch RF-82 II BNIB | Klipsch RS-52 II BNIB | Klipsch SW-112 BNIB | Klipsch WA-2 BNIB | Jamo C607 used | Jamo C60 CEN used | Jamo SUB 650 used
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post

I need help deciding how to layout my media room. The room is 16' 7" x 13' 6". I want to be able to seat at least 5 people. I was originally planning on having two rows of seating

Are you planning on building a riser? If not, you may be better off rotating the room 90 degrees and putting your 5 seats along the window wall. You should be able to fit 5 across that way.

Chris

"It hurts to admit when you make mistakes - but when they are big enough, the pain only lasts a second."
--Despair, Inc. "Regret"

My AviaTrix TM Build
Old 04-22-2013, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post

Are you planning on building a riser? If not, you may be better off rotating the room 90 degrees and putting your 5 seats along the window wall. You should be able to fit 5 across that way.

No, I'm most likely going to put a counter or bar height console table behind my seating area with 3 barstools

FOR SALE: Denon X4000 BNIB | Klipsch RF-82 II BNIB | Klipsch RS-52 II BNIB | Klipsch SW-112 BNIB | Klipsch WA-2 BNIB | Jamo C607 used | Jamo C60 CEN used | Jamo SUB 650 used