MLT-2 Vs Monoprice Vs Energy Take Classic - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm relatively a newbie and I'm looking to buy a 5.1 system for myself - I live in an Apt so space is a constraint for me right now (and I don't see getting into a house etc for next few years).

I came across this MLT-2 5.1 system for just 250.00 from Newegg (ends today 04/24) and I think this is a great price. Prior to this, I was leaning to Energy Take Classic or Monoprice speakers (but Monoprice is Out of Stock for last 2-3 months), so will this MLT-2 be a good option over Energy Take Classic or Monoprice?

My more important question is - what is the best pair for MLT-2 - Onkyo or Pioneer or Denon and which model? Any suggestion is as always highly appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Anyone? The Newegg offer is valid only today so I need to buy if the suggestion is to go for MLT and not for Energy Take/Monoprice
post #3 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I know nothing about the MLT speakers, but I do know the Energy Take Classic speakers are very popular and very highly rated. Since the Monoprice ones are out of stock, I would forget about them.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-27-2013, 07:48 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishir Ranjan View Post

I'm relatively a newbie and I'm looking to buy a 5.1 system for myself - I live in an Apt so space is a constraint for me right now (and I don't see getting into a house etc for next few years).

I came across this MLT-2 5.1 system for just 250.00 from Newegg (ends today 04/24) and I think this is a great price. Prior to this, I was leaning to Energy Take Classic or Monoprice speakers (but Monoprice is Out of Stock for last 2-3 months), so will this MLT-2 be a good option over Energy Take Classic or Monoprice?

My more important question is - what is the best pair for MLT-2 - Onkyo or Pioneer or Denon and which model? Any suggestion is as always highly appreciated...

Sorry for the late reply. Had not noticed this thread. When I was in the market for smaller speakers for my memorabilia room, I tested the ML's MLT-2's, Mirage Nanosats, Polks Blackstones, and KEF's KHT speakers along with the Energy's. They all sound really good (a little less so with the KEF's) and for a small room all work well. I ended up going with the Energy Takes because transition of sound from speaker to speaker flowed better, IMO, than any of the others. All performed very well with movies (again, a little less so with the KEF's) and surprisingly well with music played back in PLII and Neo 6. I'm typically not a fan of playing music in any other way than 2ch, but with the Energy's, having all the same speakers working together, it was actually pretty cool.

Haven't heard the Monoprice set yet. They seem to be an exact clone of the Energy Takes, but I won't know for sure on sound until next month.

Wrap up: IMO, you can't go wrong with the ML's, Polks, or Nanosats. I chose the Energy's though as I thought they were just a little better with surround sound.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page