AVS Forum banner

My bedroom setup

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  rbmaster 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I'm looking for feedback to make improvements on my small bedroom set up. My viewing/listening positions for the TV are the bedroom and the small green poof seat you'll see on the pics.

Well, here it goes:

My bedroom setup

Quote:
Samsung UE32EH5300 close capture

Quote:
HT setup
  • TV: UE32EH5300
  • Audio: Sony SRS D8
  • HDMI1: Laptop (500GB + 1 TB Ext. HDD)
  • HDMI2: PS3
  • USB1: 320GB HDD

Quote:
Bedroom view 1

Quote:
Bedroom view 2

Quote:
Bedroom view 3

Quote:
Bedroom view 4

Quote:
Entrance door (Inside View)

Quote:
Desktop PC Setup view 1

Quote:
Desktop PC Setup view 2

Quote:
Sony SRS D8: Sub-woofer

Notes:

I usually don't hook up my laptop to my TV, instead I use Plex Media Server to stream files over my home network. :)

See less See more
Reactions: WebAddictt
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat91  /t/1469996/my-bedroom-setup#post_23247883

You won't get any responces unless you say what you are looking to do? Improve what? Asthetics? Video performance? Audio Performance? Are you using existing equipment? Buying new equipment? Do you have a budget?

I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve anything (includes all of what you said) in this room setup.

I don't have a specific budget, it all depends on how much it will improve this setup and the cost. I'm not looking to change the tv, speakers, etc, those are my main setup but if someone suggests I should replace them it's something I could consider on the mid term.

For example, I'm thinking on buying some led strip bars to place them behind that tv in order to have ambient light which reduces eye strain and improves black levels. I'm also trying to find a way to hide those cables hooked to that tv but so far I didn't find a plausible solution. Another thing bugging me is how can I connect my desktop pc to my tv, an hdmi cable going through the floor isn't a good solution at all.

#4 ·
BUMP

No suggestions at all?

#5 ·
ive just redone my bedroom and the main thing i am happy with is the colour scheme.

Maybe you could paint the walls a different colour to get a nice cosy feel to it.

I have got the 2 end walls black (the wall with the TV) and the other walls are dark grey and i have a cream carpet.

All my dvd storage / desks etc is black wood and i like the way everything looks

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicRGH  /t/1469996/my-bedroom-setup#post_23267725

ive just redone my bedroom and the main thing i am happy with is the colour scheme.

Maybe you could paint the walls a different colour to get a nice cosy feel to it.

I have got the 2 end walls black (the wall with the TV) and the other walls are dark grey and i have a cream carpet.

All my dvd storage / desks etc is black wood and i like the way everything looks

Thanks for the suggestion, I like it and its something I am considering to do this summer. Which colors do you think will go better with that setup?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.