Rookie Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2013, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Been creeping on the forums for some time, never signed up. Finally purchasing a home with a space I want to dedicate to media area. About the space: It is approx 15 x 20, will have wide double door that opens into the kitchen/great room area. Three windows on the right side. My plan is an area that is home theater like but I am able to throw open the doors, put on the game and entertain. Just seeking some advice. I plan on a projector, the builder will install power for me and HDMI for projector along with speaker wiring. I want to project on the far wall, "110 painted screen. Simple 5.1 surround I think and I plan to have low shelving under the screen to house the various components. I am thinking sectional. I have a choice of carpet color so not sure what to pick? I also need advice for room color? Blinds to block out the windows? But able to open as needed. Ambient lighting? I prefer total dark but many do not so the lighting is needed. I am also considering a 46" LCD somewhere in the room so the projector can get a rest smile.gif Any and all advice is welcomed.

Chip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Since you're a creeper smile.gif, suggest that you re-read about builds on the contruction thread as well as this one. Consider how far you want to go on soundproofing and acoustics.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-28-2013, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am pouring through everything now. I do not see this as being dedicated, more multi-purpose. Allot to read.
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page