Cheap home cinema with TV and projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

First of all hello to all. I'm designing a home cinema, and can't find a solution on Internet for one issue.

I have an Optoma projector 720p (HD Ready) with HDMI and analogical input.

I'm planning to buy an smart TV (probably a samsung of the 5400 series) and an AVR (probably the ONKYO HT-S3505)

The Idea is to connect the smart TV via ethernet to my network so I can access a DLNA server.

Is there a way to see on the proyector the contents generated on the TV? I mean, If I play a movie at the TV, I want to see it at the proyector.

My idea was to connect all sources to the AVR, then the AVR to the TV and the TV to the projector (somehow like an HDMI video trough).

Is that possible?

Thank you in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-09-2013, 06:43 AM

Liked: 11
You just need a HDMI matrix switch size will depend on home many inputs and outputs you want. look over at monoprice you can get one under a hundred

http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=hdmi+matrix
post #3 of 6 Old 05-10-2013, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks!

That solves the problem to connect two displays (proyector & TV) to the AVR HDMI out.

But, What I'm not sure if I can output the signal of the smart TV to the projector.

I mean, looking at the specs of the smart TVs I can't see an HDMI out option. The most I can see is a ARC option to one of the HDMI inputs.

If I could get one HDMI out, then I could connect it to one of the HDMI inputs at the AVR and everything solved.

The other option is to buy a simple TV (without smart options) and add some kind of player to the set (like a popcorn, or an android device).

What do you think?

Also, If I connect the AVR to the TV with the ARC option, through the HDMI matrix. I suppose that I must select the matrix carefully in order to ensure the ARC capability.

Regards and thanks,

Jose
post #4 of 6 Old 05-10-2013, 06:30 AM

Liked: 11
It seems like you should be able to get the picture to mirror (ethernet connection???). Post the question in the Samsung forum you should be able to get a responce there. The other option is to get a "SMART" receiver instead then you could run whatever you want through the matrix switch.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-11-2013, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
If you are using the internet device built into your TV there isn't going to be a a way to share that programming on another display. If you want to watch online content on two displays simultaneously, the source will need to be a separate device whose output could be shared with the aforementioned HDMI distribution amp/matrix switch

underachiever extraordinaire
post #6 of 6 Old 05-11-2013, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I wouldn't put too much stock in a "smart tv" ( or anything else with the word "smart" in the name smile.gif).

Just buy a roku or similar and use a matrix switch to send it to your tv and projector. The new roku has a cool feature for the projector: you can have the audio sent to headphones attached to the remote. Cool if you have little kids and still want to watch a movie loud on the projector smile.gif.

Salem
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page