HT pre-wiring and other questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-10-2013, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am attaching the pic of the layout. This is a new construction and I am getting 5.1 pre-wiring done through Guardian company (builders vendor)

I have highlighted in yellow what I think would be the best locations. Can someone tell me if these locations are right. Also, I am choosing corners in case we we decided to re-arrrange the furniture it would be easier.

I am planning to wall mount a 70 or 80 tv between the two windows on the back wall.

The location where i have marked front left (FL) speaker, should I have all the wires come to that location so I can have a media rack in that corner? Would that be a good location or should I just have it under the tv and put a media center.

any recommendations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its good that you have your front speakers that far from your TV. That will improve soundstage some people will disagree but I've always had better soundstage with them spread about 3-5 feet from the TV. But they are too close to your side wall. I would move them in about 2-3 feet from the side walls. This will prevent them from sounding punchy
post #3 of 3 Old 05-10-2013, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You might need to flip the room. The ideal speaker placement will fall somewhere between 22 - 30 degrees from the center line. So as you vary your seeting distance, you speakers will ideally want to be further appart. Also as said in the previous post, you want to give yourself some room (1-2ft) off the side wall to eliminate any early reflections
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page