65" Wall Mount Questions for New Panasonic S60 Television - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

After much research I recently purchased a 65" Panasonic S60 Plasma television (YAY!). I will be upgrading from a 720P 32" LCD that has been great for the last few years and hopefully will still be great in the bedroom! The television has not yet been delivered/setup. However the store at which I purchased will be installing/calibrating the television for me.

I also purchased this mount which was recommended to me at the store (on sale for $48):

http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=56&productId=9495&sku=PSW501MTC

This appears to be a tilting wall mount rated with more then enough weight capacity to hold my television safely.

The prime viewing location for this TV will be a 3 seat couch located directly across the room approximately 12 feet away (eye to screen).

My question is ...is this a decent mount? Is there any reason I would not want to go with this mount? Will the tiling feature allow me enough room to access the HDMI inputs on the back of the television without having to remove it from the wall? (-5 to 15 tilt)
The mount is approximately 8 cm deep is this abnormally large for a wall mount?

I still have time to decide on a different mount if necessary. I have never wall mounted a TV before so I do not know a lot about about them.

I currently plan on mounting the TV in line with the center seat of the couch (even though prime viewing location will probably be one of the side seats) with the center of the TV 43.6" off the ground (40-45" is my seated eye level depending on posture) there is an electrical outlet on the wall that I want to cover that will just be covered by the top bezel at this mounting height.

Does this mount and positioning seem suitable? Will I be able to access the cable inputs without removing from the wall?

Hopefully some people experienced in wall mounting or who have similar sized TV/tilting wall mounts can help! (The sooner the better as I would like to schedule the delivery soon!)

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Have a 65 inch LED with about the same on wall setup, 15 feet eye to panel, and just a little lower on panel center, works just fine. One of the, I think, big mistakes I have seen is having them to HIGH.
The input jacks are on the bottom left, so make sure you have room to get under there to see what you are doing. As for tilt, at this level you really won't need any, but incase you do the knobs are on the bottom. 8 cm or about 3 inches is about right for this big of a TV, giving room to get your hand back there. I have 4 1/2 inches from the back of panel to wall, I like a little extra. I do all my installations, and the only time I wanted one flat on the wall was for a 47 inch LED that could be seen from the side.
I inclose all my cables and the one problem I had with this big LED was were to put the AV gear, I found a little 2 shelf wall mount at Monoprice.com that holds what I want, and nothing on the floor.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:57 AM

I've installed several tv's, and most of them with a similar mount you show.
Yes you will be able to reach behind and access plugs, although do take a pic of the location of all ports.

I spent 15 mins yesterday feeling around the back for the only hdmi port on my own tv.
I was even able to fishtape another hdmi cable with tv in place.

These mounts give plenty o room for working around.

Now the TV height is hugely personal taste. a bit low for my taste.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Awesome that is great news thank you both!

Phil17108 you mentioned your TV is mounted a bit lower? Kamleshg you mentioned your TV is mounted a bit higher?

How many inches high are each of your main tv's mounted? (To the center of Image?)

I really appreciate your replies... delivery and install is on Tuesday! wooo!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

ProPower
I have it 38 inches from floor to center of screen
How I arrived at that is we had a Toshiba 62 inch DLP on a stand that came with it, we watched that for 8 years and when we got the new one fall of 2011 I just set it up about like the Toshiba's measurements. It's a 3D set and if I were going in for the 3D it may have been a little better to have it 8 to 10 inches higher. What I have now though is close to what the owners manual suggest. Best part if you try it one way and don't care for it you can easily move it up or down. Watch what the installers do because this is not high tech work, and you can come back here and get all the help and information you need. ENJOY
Old 05-28-2013, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Ok so they are coming tomorrow morning to wall mount the TV and I am having some last minute second thoughts about where horizontally I want them to place the TV.

Because of how the kitchen island is placed the wall with the couch is 122" (putting the exact center of the couch at 61")

However the opposite viewing wall appears slightly shorter partly because the island is inset about 2" into the living room as opposed to the end of the kitchen counter.

Should I be attempting to make it so that the center of the screen is 61" aka dead center from the couch? Or should I position it so the center is about 56" or "visually in the middle of the wall" this wall is actually super long and extends into the kitchen/hallway but due to the island the living room visually cuts off.

(We are talking about 5 inches either way)

HELP PLEASE!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

I have my set off center on the wall but that is center on the couch.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post

I have my set off center on the wall but that is center on the couch.

Yea I think that is what I am going to do as well. Had a bit of a last minute panic last night :P

TV arrives soon!

Tags
Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv