Ideas???Multipurpose stage for under projection screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-20-2013, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has Anyone built a stage under the screen that serves to A) hold speakers and insulation/sand, B) be kid's stage for dancing, playing guitar, and karaoke, and C) can be used as additional seating (facing the theatre seats) when not viewing? (ie: put some long cushions on it) or have hide-away seating to roll/pull out? Did you use a retractable screen? Did that hang at the back wall, or out further on the stage? If our kids want to do karaoke and Wii, should we have a 40" or so tv on the stage (behind the retractable screen) so its not so hard on their eyes, or can a projectors image be reduced on the screen for more up-close viewing (wii or tv that's not high def).
Sorry, I'm new here...lots of questions. I am so awed by the home theater builds many of you have done. We will begin construction of our unfinished basement in a few weeks. We will be doing a fairly-dedicated home theatre, hopefully with a bar behind so my husband can watch the games. As soon as I get the CAD drawings from the contractor, I may post a few of my designs and ask for input. ( I do have some interior design background, but a home Theater is completely new.). Thank you for any advice.