Using Wired Headphones with a hidden cabinet system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-21-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is my first time posting, and not even sure if this is the proper category to post in. I have a living room closed cabinet media center, and IR repeater system so that the cabinets can stay closed. It's shared a small area that my wife also uses as an office, so I use headphones several nights a week to watch TV or play games.

The headphones are kind of the eyesore of the set up because I have to open the cabinet, and leave it open with a long extension cord running across the floor.

I am building some new rear channel speaker stands and what I want to do is put a headphone jack in the stand, but the problem I am running into is that in using my Yamaha receiver, I still have to open the cabinet to plug or unplug the headphone jack from the receiver.

My best solution so far is to get a second receiver and toslink splitter to feed audio to the second receiver, and use my harmony remote to switch between the receivers. My knowledge of components beyond the basic things is pretty limited, If looked at the small headphone amps, but they lack the IR volume control that I would like. I am also limited on space in my media center, so adding a second receiver is a concern.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-21-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Do you love your headphones? A wireless set would be a lot less hassle, and allow you to avoid the cords in the first place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page