Guidance Needed for Home Theater Components - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-23-2013, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,
I thought I had posted in this but cannot locate the posting so I thought I would try again.

Due to an untimely and unpredicted passing, my brother passed away leaving us with his estate to liquidate. What we found were several new components. Here's what we have:

MartinLogan Vista Electrostatic Hybrid Speaker x2

Yamaha RX-V2700 AV Receiver (XM Ready,Compatible w/iPod) x1

Mirage Subwoofer (PS-12-90)

I don't have the models of the MartinLogan speakers - but I know the speakers were never opened, the receiver was opened but is still in the box (must've been opened to look at but never used), and the subwoofer box may have been opened (like the receiver) though if is also new (never used).

We have a feeling this is about 4 years old as he was going to build a theater room in his home but then got divorced and moved to a different state. These items were kept in a climate controlled storage unit they were brought back by us and now they are in the box and sitting in another controlled environment.

Looking for recommendations for the best way to sell and if anyone can give guidance as to what they know about these brands, my family and I would appreciate it!

Thanking you in advance.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-23-2013, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Research going prices on eBay (search completed sales) and Audiogon.

Sell on eBay, audiogon, or craigslist.

I'm sorry about your loss. So many people die too young.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 4 Old 06-23-2013, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Very sorry to hear of your loss. The MartinLogan speakers, the name "Vista" is the model. While now a discontinued model, they're an excellent speaker and sold for $4200 MSRP.

Selling locally via Craigslist is by far the easiest - I've bought and sold ML speakers this way. Here's the product brochure you can use for information:

http://www.martinlogan.com/pdf/brochures/brochure_vista.pdf

You'll want to determine the cabinet finish / color to advertise it properly. There are a number of premium wood finishes that can increase their resale value. Certainly worth north of $2k.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #4 of 4 Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for the recommendations!! We do appreciate it!! Please keep the suggestions coming. biggrin.gif
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Martinlogan Vista High Performance Electrostatic Speaker Single Natural Cherry Clear Aluminum , Mirage Mm 8 Miniature Subwoofer Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page