Karns Living Room /family room media center - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-24-2013, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10

OK so in 2010 I bought a TV and decided that since i had a toddler that the TV needed to be well secured so there was no fatalities in the house. I came up with the idea of building a lift cabinet so that the little could still play in the family room ,but not throw stuff at the TV or try to climb up and touch it.Here are some pictures of it.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

2 years later i started thinking and planing on redoing the cabinet as it was not very well streamed lined. on and off i planned and thought about it. I wanted it to have WAF even though i don't currently have one, i wanted it to be practical and modular . Well this march I was medically retired from service so when i got to my new place I immediately said i will start to build my new cabinet. So May 20 2013 with the help of my mom who was visiting i started to take apart the old cabinet and build the new one. I wanted to useas much of the old as possible and i did . Here are some of the build pics

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality      CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality         CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality      400         400

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality    400       CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality        CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality    400     400

Most days I started to work on this from 0600 am to 0900 PM. I am not a carpenter or have much carpenter knowledge,but i figured it out. My GF picked out the color ,Expresso . All the shelve are adjustable and the end cabinet are detachable. Here are some more pics

400     CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality      CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality     CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality       400       400

I still have some more work to do, so more pics soon to come.

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page