AVS Forum banner
678 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BllDo 
#1 ·
Do I need a ups battery backup if I'm running the following on a 15A fuse?

(2) Paradigm Studio 100 v.5

(1) Studio CC 690

(2) SA-15R-30 v.3

(1) Hsu VTF15H

Sharp Aquos 70"

Denon 3312CI

Xbox 360

Panasonic Bluray player

Thanks!

#2 ·
UPS has nothing to do with the capacity of the circuit - it's only for protection against unexpected power loss.

The only reason you'd need a UPS on that equipment would be if you have unreliable electric service where you get short-duration brownout / power glitches, where the UPS would prevent those events from interrupting you... Otherwise, no real benefit.

But on the chance you meant "surge protector", yes, you should certainly have one from a reputable brand protecting your equipment. They do not have to be expensive.

Jeff

#3 ·
Whole house "surge protector's" are always a great plan.

The only way fuses and circuit breakers limit current is by tripping/blowing. Some people run very large multi-amplifier sound systems on 15 Amp circuits. They may need to turn the amps on one at a time , but once they are up and running everything is fine.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedskater  /t/1479385/do-i-need-a-ups-battery-backup#post_23482849

Whole house "surge protector's" are always a great plan.

The only way fuses and circuit breakers limit current is by tripping/blowing. Some people run very large multi-amplifier sound systems on 15 Amp circuits. They may need to turn the amps on one at a time , but once they are up and running everything is fine.

Whole house surge supressers are great. I have one. However, they are not a replacement for surge protectors on your equipment. Delicate pieces like computer, processors, etc. can still be damaged even with a whole house unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.